Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Failed but funny

I 've pulled today's post as I am not quite sure about the wisdom of what I've written. Instead you get this piece of crap.

Quora just keeps on giving. It can be a useful site but apparently the algorithm I wasn't asked about presents me with a lot of nonsense. 

I once saw a Japanese tourist in a bank on Piccadilly, which had a nice marble black and white checked floor. He asked if they had a copy of the Yellow Pages, which in those days was huge.

He placed it on the floor and proceeded to take a photograph of it!

Verbal can be just as ridiculous as physical. Three American classics:

Caller: “I’m coming to England. Will it be alright to sit on a leather sofa?”

Operator: “Yes, of course. Why on earth not?”

Caller: “Because of Mad Cow Disease”.

Lady asks a hotel concierge what is a nice day trip from London. He advises her to go to see Windsor Castle. She returns in the evening and he asks if she enjoyed herself. She replies: “Oh, it was just wonderful but why did you build the castle so close to the airport?”

Lastly - “Which side of the river is Tower Bridge on?”

34 comments:

  1. The mind (well mine anyway) fairly boggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard the airport one before EC. Maybe it's true.

      Delete
  2. I read a lovely Dear Abby column a while back. A young woman was planning a vacation in London, first time in UK, and asked if a tiara would be required for evenings..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boud, I shouldn't have taken a mouthful of wine as I read your comment. Almost a ruined keyboard.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Bob, I think some are more inclined to speak rather than think.

      Delete
  4. That last one really made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this very much. A good laugh on Tuesday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody minds a bit of stupidity now and again. But being permanently recorded as stupid is humiliating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, I just don't think the person thinks at all before opening their mouths.

      Delete
  7. lol. Some people ask dumb questions, well to me they are dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really curious now about what you wrote then didn't post. Ha Ha at Mad Cow Disease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waiting for the censored/adapted version of the original now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the most common questions asked staff at Walt Disney World is, "what time does the three-o'clock parade start?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry TP. Why is that not a legitimate question? If I was visiting, I'd like to know what time the 3pm parade started.

      Delete
  11. Well that was a good start to the morning. Thanks for the laugh. We all have our bright and shining moments of stupidity, don't we. (Please say yes...even if it is not true.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, of course I don't, and Ray is not here to tell you otherwise.

      Delete
  12. Always good to raise a smile. TQ
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a story that during World War II as American troops were marching into Rome, a young GI looked up at the Colosseum and remarked, "We sure bombed the hell out of that!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, not one I'd heard before. It made me laugh.

      Delete
  14. Love the jokes for the day, Andrew. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete

Tram undulations

I've tried a few times to capture this but either the tram driver was driving slowly or a passenger stood up and blocked the view.  I go...