Monday, March 6, 2023

Monday Mural

I'm joining in with Sami and others for Monday Mural.

I've previously shown you some rather cute dog murals painted on a wall at public housing building in South Melbourne. These too are on a similar wall. I meant to take these photos at the same time but I forgot. I walked past a week or so ago and noticed them, and so took some photos. Very cheerful and quite well done. They are by a private company, Melbourne Murals. I've looked at its website and I don't recognise any mural I have seen. 

An eastern rosella, one of the many rosellas in Australia, all of the parrot family.


Superb fairywren, also known as blue wrens. They rarely stay still, jumping and flitting around and so are a bit hard to photograph. The are lovely little birds.


Finally another parrot variety, the sulphur crested cockatoo. No show without Punch.

28 comments:

  1. I wonder if Melbourne Murals know about Roosevelt's New Deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, while I know about the New Deal, I am not sure of the connection?

      Delete
  2. Those artists have such an eye for detail. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, and I don't know you so welcome.

      Delete
  3. Nice to have local iconic Ausie birds shown on murals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Roentare. Our birds are quite photogenic.

      Delete
  4. I had to wander off and have a read about fairy wrens. What a fun little bird! They behave like our gold finches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, maybe they are of the finch family. I don't really know.

      Delete
  5. Once again I admire the perspective in these large works.
    My brother (who now lives near Foster) has a family of fairy wrens that tap on the bathroom window when they are showering.
    Cockatoos are not in my good books at the moment. Gangs of them are going around and shredding trees in local parks. Messy buggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro, that is strange about the wrens tapping near Foster. Cocky's knocked a ceramic pot off our balcony table years ago. It smashed but we rescued the plant.

      Delete
  6. They are all lovely murals. I still have "my" cockatoos coming for seeds, I keep saying I'm going to stop feeding them and sometimes I will skip a day or even two if it is raining, but then there is one bird that comes and hooks his claws into my screen door and squawks to remind me they are hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, we need photos of the cocky hooked on your screen door. Give them food and they will come, for sure.

      Delete
  7. They are beautifully done, and a great way to brighten up a cityscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayCee, a fairly plain building for low income people much improved by the murals.

      Delete
  8. Real beautiful murals ! All ugly walls should be decorated like that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, they would be very ugly concrete walls without the murals. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. You do have some pretty, exotic birds in Australia. (Exotic to me, anyway.) Love the murals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Birds is something I have always want to attempt, in a creative project.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, probably easier to paint than people.

      Delete

ANZAC Day 2024

This is a somewhat different type of war song, about a war I can more closely relate to.  We will remember them.