It is Friday night, once a going out night, later becoming a stay at home night, and to use a great American expression after a glass or two of Scotch, Ray and I would 'shoot the shit'. Sometimes a significant plan for the future came out of such a conversation but mostly not.
I am excited about tomorrow's Australian Rules football grand final match, because the pre game entertainment will be performed by our own Kylie Minogue and I'll be glued to the tv to see her. Say a bad word against her, you will be sent to a prison at Port Arthur. My favourite Kylie song....not sure. My favourite video clip, this one. She is enough to make a gay man straight.
She did a memorable cameo on the BBC comedy Vicar of Dibley.
ReplyDeleteI'd forgotten that TP.
DeleteI felt the same way about Freddie Mercury. I didn't care that he was gay, I would have taken a run at him:)
ReplyDeleteTaken a run....love it. He wasn't superficially good looking, but there was something very hot about him.
DeleteKylie is the ultimate showgirl…there was a wonderful clip yesterday with her and two footy boys having.a chat and a kick at the MCG..She is the girl next door great sense of humour a great Aussie accent and an all round Aussie Sheila .
ReplyDeleteYes, I did see that. Her voice seemed a little deeper that I remember. Maybe just ageing. What a show she put on this afternoon.
DeleteI have never seen that clip, not sure I like it, it's a bit robotic. The song is good. I won't be watching the opening or the match. Go Freo!
ReplyDeleteRiver, you really missed a stunning pre game show by Kylie.
DeleteI bet you have a lot of fond memories regarding those conversations. Hugs, my dear.
ReplyDeleteMostly Darla. They did sometimes end with a bedroom door slam. All part of a very long relationship.
DeleteI'm still the gender I was at birth, but watching that brings out the trans in me.
ReplyDeleteShould I reply, haha Kirk?
Delete