Friday, September 25, 2026

Friday Funny

Je suis does love Kitty Flanagan. 

10 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Kitty. Where did you hear her perform?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been around for years as a comedian and was the star of the couple of series of tv shows, such as Bad Company and Utopia. I've never seen her live.

      Delete
  2. Funny. I can relate but no nun of my school years ever breathed the words "sex".
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they didn't but perhaps they occasionally had an itch that needed to be dealt with by themselves.

      Delete
  3. When the panda riff starts she tilts her head in a very Tom Gleeson I'm-making-a-joke way. It's a small world in the comedy scene, I guess.

    Actually there really is no reason why a nun shouldn't give sex education (other than the questionability of any Church doctrines which might creep in, but that would be the same for a zealous layperson so different issue). Instruction on facts of life does not require the teacher to recount their own experiences and indeed you might think there would be outrage if they did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it would be ok for a nun to give sex education if she knew all about sex, and look, it is probably preferable that she should have experienced it. Of course no need to talk about her own experiences with the bishop.

      Delete
  4. That's hilarious!! I always thought Regina was pronounced Regeena, and maybe it is but maybe Regina herself didn't know that and will be forever remembered as Hairy Vagina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Regeena is ok to use, but rhyming with vagina is more common.

      Delete
  5. Kitty is a scream; we saw her on stage here in Launceston several years ago and couldn't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to learn Margaret. Sometimes great comedians don't work well for live performances.

      Delete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

A fine birfdy

It was not a significant birthday, but one people might make jokes about. I was told not to plan anything for the day by Phyllis and Kosov, ...