Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sunday Selections

Lot's of photos yesterday, so not too many today. River hosts Sunday Selections, and along with the memory of Sue, here are my few contributions. This is one very large pot of chicken biryani, which served several meals. 


The failed and pretentiously named St Collins Lane has been reinvented after the failure of its major draw tenant, the English department store Debenhams. I think I bought something there once. Downstairs now it seems to be an upmarket bowling alley and amusement parlour. But at ground level I was excited to discover another Gillies and Marc sculpture. 
  

Oh Jass. This is after we shaved off the earlier damage.


Before I get into the shower each morning, Jass wants a drink from the tap. See that the handle is pointed to hot but it takes quite some time for hot water to reach the basin and she departs.


Remember Vanilla Bean? I don't expect you would. I have formed an attachment to VB. 


Not so much Amber.
 

Phyllis bought a new colour. I'll just stick to black, thanks.


It was still dark outside as I arose with bleary eyes. Whatever the barrier is, I have no time for something like a password to remove it. It is too hard to read in the very bad photo. It said, 
No entry without password.
_ _ g_. 
Kosov, is it dogs? Pugs? Bugs? Bags?
"No, Onnndrew. It is hooogs, (hugs)." Kosov needs lots of hugs.

15 comments:

  1. Jass is so sweet! I had a cat who liked to get water like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my cats did that too. Preferred the tap to her bowl.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting hugs, especially from handsome young men, are an increasingly precious commodity as I age. :) Thanks for sharing the memory of Sue and making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess that dog is as distinguished as a dog can possibly look while holding a big apple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cat at the tap (hello Dr Suess!).

    These days I see that cat drinking fountains have become a thing. Don't tell P or K this unless you want one to turn up to join all the other little items they have acquired.

    So you rose bleary eyed and your phone camera matched this? That's a real-life "pathetic fallacy."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice selection Andrew. Love the barrier/password, made me smile.
    Funny how cats sometimes love to get water from the tap, my cat when he got older used to do that...long gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The password to enter our house is "OpenthisfuckindoorNOW!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jass. Angel used to like a drink from the tap too, as well as poking his nose around the shower curtain and drinking from the floor puddles once I'd rinsed the soap/shampoo away. I would always wait for him to finish before the squeegee and drying happened. Kosov needs lots of hugs? Give him one from me now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Gillies and Marc sculpture and looked at the website. There are some desirable pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a Calico years back who drank from the faucet of the bathtub before we got in to shower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I don't think I'd appreciate an early morning password either, but at least it's a nice one. I bought a couple of things at Debenhams when we first moved here and then never went back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol. Kosov knows how to get those hugs. Thank goodness neither of our cats here are furniture scratchers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another Gillies and Marc, I would be so excited.

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Just Sayin' 'Bout Climate Change

A decade or so ago we stayed in a Fairmont Hotel next to Lake Louise. Feeding down to the lake was the impressive Victoria Glacier. Within t...