The walkway to the door of my flat was a little treacherous in the very dark of the night, as the sensor lights were a bit slow to illuminate the path and approach.
The one bedroom flat was comfortable enough and even came with a washing machine.
Bone Doctor thought but didn't say anything at the time about the step up to the bedroom and that I might trip. It wasn't the step up that got me, it was the step down in the morning before it was light. I certainly stepped down very heavily. Only a fool will walk around in a strange place without turning on lights.
Bone Doctor checked with the Commodore and she was allowed to fly the Jolly Roger on the flagpole. There was only one rule, that no flag could fly above the Australian flag.
I was distracted and missed the sun disappearing below the horizon. It was quite beautiful.
Paella chefs had been hired who came with their own equipment and set up on the decking and produced two very large paellas, one seafood and one vegetarian, enough to feed fifty guests.
Next morning before checkout, I walked the short distance to the beach. The waves often crash over the sea walls, depositing sand when they do. I was looking toward the point and Point Lonsdale Village.
I did take a look inside and it is fantastic, with all kinds of area to drink and eat off the main hallway, leading to an atrium at the rear. Accommodation is offered too, but I will guess it would not be cheap.
I was meeting Sister and Bone Doctor for coffee next morning at the recently renovated Queenscliff Hotel. We sat on the verandah with a slight breeze blowing. The weather for the three days I was there could not have been better for what is still winter.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Beautiful beach, looks like most New Zealand coastlines, the place you stayed in looks very comfortable, i would be happy, have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sunsets there.
ReplyDeleteI would quite like to stay awhile in that hotel.