Wednesday, June 10, 2026

The world of garden

I took the lads to Garden World for an outing a couple of months ago. I had not been there for over twenty five years and it is whole lot larger than it was once. It is partly display but of course is a retail outlet. There's a decent cafe, with a liquor licence. I am not rally a cactus person but the displays were amazing. Here a few too many photos.












Phyllis and Kosov bought a carnivorous plant but it can live on water and soil nutrients. They are not great at looking after plants and I don't interfere, but the plant has survived. 

17 comments:

  1. I'm to far North for any cactus to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like cactus, but won't grow any. My Mum was a fan especially the flowering varieties and she had a yard full, when we visited we took the kids to the beach for running around time because of all the cactus in Mum's backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Garden World, but your photos are very inviting. And not only for trees, but I like the look of the large terracotta pots and the large villa urns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find hanging cactus kind of intriguing. just because I never think of a cactus as a hanging plant until I actually see one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks a good place and so many plants there, cacti have usually rather pretty flowers when they bloom for such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a gardener but garden centres make me think I could be!
    I'd love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the carnivorous plant does its job. I find they take such a long time to digest anything that they cannot be used in isolation, but a forest of them is not very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love picking out plants but it's Carlos who tends to them as I have a true Black Thumb and kill most houseplants!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was banned from owning houseplants after the cactus died from neglect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love "the lads". I thought only the Brits (working class) used the term but obviously Aussies do as well - unknown in North America. Also aren't they a bit old to be "lads."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never considered myself much of a gardener but have shocked myself with my glorious garden of orchids. Visitors are stunned - and so am I. Right now everything is in bloom. Again. Including my African violets. I am thrilled. Cacti have never appealed. But I may venture into that territory too.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Pride display and the dinosaur!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to go to places like that and get inspired to try to grow something new, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a cactus person either, but man, what an array of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a cactus fan, they are easier to grow than other plants, loving the pride display, have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed visiting 3-year photos. Andrew nicely you took the boys

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Let the theremin rip

My first experience of the musical instrument called theremin was at Melbourne's Southbank, where there was a huge operational theremin,...