Saturday, October 5, 2024

The Florals

Every year a nearby residential building has a beautiful display of flowering azalea. 


Lunch with Bone Doctor at the marvellous Acorn Nursery, and I bought this potted plant for my balcony. I can tell by not many new flower stalks about three weeks later, it won't last too long, and then I will buy some glorious petunias. 


No where on the label was a common name, but Hippie Niece, who had worked in parks and gardens, when visiting told me it is an African Daisy.


The cyclamen is now down to three blooms, and with respect to River, I will say no more.


These came at a very cheap price from Aldi. Phyllis was most impressed when the buds eventually opened. As I write this, he had been in the kitchen cooking for three hours. I will eat his food tonight...I've forgotten the name of the grub. I think he is making food for another night or two, as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Some very pretty flowers there. Ours are all fading fast, but the bees were still busy on the lavender and Passion flowers, I worry for them
    ( the bees ) that they'll stay out too late and perish in the dropping temperatures. I guess they know when it's time to get back to the hive.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete

The Florals

Every year a nearby residential building has a beautiful display of flowering azalea.  Lunch with Bone Doctor at the marvellous Acorn Nurser...