Sunday, October 6, 2024

Sunday Selections

Nothing too fascinating this Sunday as I join Elephant's Child, River and others for Sunday Selections.

A plaque on a city footpath dated 2018, but apparently Melbourne has been a sister to city of Osaka since 1978. That's nice, but what is the benefit of the connection?

A couple of old Yank Tanks in Acland Street, St Kilda. I can recognise a sixty year old Mustang as readily as a brand new one.


I've no idea about this car but I am sure the bicycle bracket wasn't original equipment. Dodge? De Soto? Hudson? 


Gillie and Marc have made their mark all over the world with their marvellous sculptures. I love them. 

Lost and found. from Swedish Death Cleaning, I found my mug from Mister Donut in Hirosake, Japan. It had yummy food, not just doughnuts.

This did amuse me when I recently visited ACMI

For a moment I thought this was view of lake outside an English pub where we lunched. Reality hit, as I waited for my medical appointment.


I am assured this photo has not been played with and it is a true view with a normal camera lens. The roads do look a bit tricky. 

6 comments:

  1. Yank tanks guzzled petrol, took up too much space and appealed to young hoons. Naturally my brother loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does twinning towns and cities still take place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several sister cities and I have never understood what it does - other than demand signs.
    I love your eclectic collection. As I always do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't fancy driving along that road in your last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a local town here twinned with a French one. There's a little Bastille day celebration. Other than that, I think it's an excuse for town dignitaries to take a little trip.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Selections

Nothing too fascinating this Sunday as I join Elephant's Child , River and others for Sunday Selections. A plaque on a city footpath da...