Sunday, September 22, 2024

Sunday Selections

I'm participating with Elephant's Child, River and others for Sunday Selections. 

I don't have enough random photos for a random post, so this is about buildings, nice buildings.

(I do actually have enough random photos but they aren't sorted)



Very early Victorian without much adornment.


I thought this might turn out to be an arty photo, looking down past St Pauls Cathedral to Federation Square. It isn't, and I can now delete it. 


Little Bourke Street, Chinatown. Don't the Chinese characters work so well with the polychromatic brick work. 


I once showed what was displayed on at the rear of this building as it was demolished, but I think this façade has been kept. 


The tram I was travelling on must have stopped in Victoria Parade (god I get sick of things being called victoria and anzac) outside this old brewery building. I think it had other company names before it became Carlton and United Breweries. There is a lot of history to CUB. Beer is good, not that I partake aside from the occasional Asahi. Speaking of which, who would have thought Asahi made hand sanitiser too. 




I don't know what Rechabites are, and I have no interest in finding out. By the early 2000s it was rent a room for an hour with a male or female, so a friend told me. 


One does love symmetry, and repurposing old buildings.
 

3 comments:

  1. It never occurred to me before that beer and hand sanitizer would be made by the same company, but it makes sense as both have alcohol in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truly gorgeous buildings. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The buildings are austere I feel a Gaudy influence is needed

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Selections

I'm participating with Elephant's Child , River and others for Sunday Selections.  I don't have enough random photos for a rand...