Saturday, July 13, 2024

I hired a male sex worker for my 70th birthday. It didn’t go as planned

I am not 70, so it is not about me. It was a column written in our newspaper The Age. You can perhaps read it here.

The story is about a 70 year old single but sexually experienced woman who paid an extraordinary amount of money to hire a sex worker, something like AU$1300 for 3 hours, plus a few hundred for a hotel, for her 70th birthday present to herself. It wouldn't be much of a story if it all went well, would it. 

Older women and sex is something that enters my curious mind, curious in both senses. In my opinion she overegged the blancmange. She was trying to buy an emotional experience resulting in sex. She spoke to the bloke before hand more than once. She found they had things in common. She liked the sound of him and liked his looks. She was concerned about how he would react to her 70 year old body, and she should not be. It is a commercial arrangement. She made great preparations at the hotel before his arrival. While it remained all very polite and civilised, she realised it wasn't working and asked him to leave, which he did. 

The next day she called him and asked for a refund, which he did. She took no blame and decided it was his lack of professionalism. Maybe, maybe not. 

But honestly, why did she do it in such a hard and expensive manner? She lived alone so I kind of get why she wouldn't want a sex worker in her home. Why wouldn't she be content with a quick fuck with a hot rent guy for an hour in a motel room? If it was a gay man, it might be over in 30 minutes. I suppose it was a birthday present to herself and she wanted to go the whole hog a romantic experience. I don't think that is something that is you can buy.

The author mentioned a film with a similar theme. I have not heard of the film but it sounds interesting, Good Luck To You, Leo Grande. It stars Emma Thompson, so that is one positive, the second being the male actor Daryl McCormack, is quite attractive. Have you heard of it or seen it? I want to see the film and from my investigations, the easiest way is using YouTube for the cost of $5.

37 comments:

  1. Trying to buy an emotional experience? Not a happening thing.
    An interesting present to herself though. And no, I haven't seen the movie. And probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, no, I don't think you can. Certainly not a sincere romantic relationship and isn't that what romance is supposedly about?

      Delete
  2. Hmm... I am not a prude but that all seems a bit tacky. Still, whatever floats your boat I suppose. At least she got a refund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't agree Jay Cee. She planned a romantic adventure. What I suggested, an hour in a motel room for a quickie could well be described as tacky. But it might have been more satisfying.

      Delete
  3. I’ve seen the film Andrew. While details escape me, I did enjoy it. However it is a movie and I think you’re dreaming if you think you can reproduce it at 70, sounds like she wanted that exact same experience. Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, wise words about reproducing it at the age of 70, as I've recently discovered at 66.

      Delete
  4. I'd recommend watching the film, it's very good. Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. I will pretend I am going to the movies and give it my total attention.

      Delete
  5. I don't know if I could do that, but if she thought it was something she needed/wanted, more power to her?
    I'm going to look for that film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Bob? But what of part of it couldn't you do?

      Delete
  6. Romantic experience and sexual intercourse are two separate things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roentare, I may be shot on the street, but I agree with you.

      Delete
  7. The refund was the best part of the story

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of that movie and probably don't want to see it. I'm almost 100% sure you can't buy a romantic experience, though movies would have us believe otherwise. She might have done better with a longer schedule, having him take her wining and dining, a walk along the shore or through a park, maybe go dancing somewhere before heading back to the hotel. It all builds up the expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, wise words. You've opened up an area of my brain I had forgotten about, the excitement of expectations and the build up. Oh gosh, Carlos...the flirting went on for weeks and wow, it was mind blowing.

      Delete
  9. I couldn't leave much of a comment earlier because my fingers were glued together. Another time.
    I'm thinking that for $1300 she could have bought herself an amazing vibrator and a night out with friends. Men, straight men, are not that good at amazing sex, or even just regular sex, in my experience. While a vibrator will not hold you afterwards, neither will it snore:)
    But as my young friend says, You do you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixie, and the vibrator would be useable the next time. Your comment about men I find offensive. I just love men and their primal urges. Lol at not holding you after but nor snoring. Snoring and farting in bed are not high on the romance list.

      Delete
    2. I know who you are Anon 😄

      Delete
  10. You can probably find the movie for free at https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8q88rw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, thanks for that. Gosh, the link worked. Thank you heaps. It isn't about $5. I just hate giving money to Google/YouTube etc.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I am pulling a face, JB. What is behind ugh.

      Delete
  12. Yes anticipation is what it’s all about- and if the actual doesn’t end up like the expectation it’s very depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I recently experienced Cathy. He oversold me to himself. He thought I was things I am not.

      Delete
  13. That's an odd present to oneself. She sounds lonely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, maybe she just need skin to skin contact. I get that.

      Delete
  14. thecontemplativecat here. That is totally strange. I am 72, and there is so much more to do, than to hire a sex worker. I can't imagine as this is something that work out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CC, some people really have needs for sexual contact. You are probably lucky if you don't.

      Delete
  15. I have looked online, purely for research purposes, and she was paying far too much for three hours. That seems more like an overnight fee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, I instinctively knew she was paying too much and perhaps it was an overnight fee. I am a bit doubtful about the complete accuracy of what was written, but hey great work. I wrote about it.

      Delete

Tram undulations

I've tried a few times to capture this but either the tram driver was driving slowly or a passenger stood up and blocked the view.  I go...