Thursday, September 14, 2023

Wednesday

I had done one load of washing before R arose and the second load was underway, both hung up on the clothes rack in the spare bedroom. During the cold days of winter we keep the spare bedroom door shut, less to heat. But if washing is hung on the rack, I leave the door open for heat and turn the overhead fan onto medium and the clothes dry within a few hours.

While R showered I did some vacuuming. A little vacuuming often is the way to go. I watered an unwanted gift viola plant on the balcony, cut a couple of fading blooms from the winter feature pot of red cyclamen. It's last flower is about to bloom. It will soon go down the rubbish chute.  

We caught the tram to St Kilda and had brunch in Acland Street. R was not feeling well, coming down with a cold I think so after eating and coffee, we returned straight home. I hung up the second washing load on the spare room rack and put in the next load, socks and jocks and added a 90 minute drying cycle. I am not hanging up umpteen socks and jocks on a rack. R retired to his bedroom to watch tv and nap.

I watched a couple of YouTube clips on the big tv screens. 

At 1.30 I caught a tram to Prahran where my skin cancer doctor took a chunk out of the back of my neck. Probably nothing, she said, but to be on the safe side. She is a nice and friendly doctor and it wasn't a bad experience. Since May, it was the first day I went out without a jacket and the heating was turned off for a few hours. 

Nevertheless after the traumatic surgery, I felt some need for consolation so I bought myself a double espresso coffee and and an ok Portuguese tart. She was just so

I sat in Prahran Square under an umbrella. I've complained to City of Stonnington about the non working water spouts and it wasn't working and the paving was dry, so had not been working earlier. As I sat there, it burst into life. The same thing happened earlier in the week when both of us were there late morning. The pigeons flocked in for baths when it fired up. Further contact with the local council is needed. 

Once home I took to my bed for an hour, watching YouTube vids, the real reality tv.

5.30 and it was time for wine.

Dinner was left over thawed pasta bolognese with a light salad and garlic bread. There is still left over pasta for lunch tomorrow, for me at least.

R fell asleep on the sofa as I sat here at the desk while tv was on in the background. I've been up and down from the desk chair, but now at 11pm, it is time to sleep. 

35 comments:

  1. Glad that your skin cancer doc errs on the side of caution. Himself is due (overdue) to go back to his and there are several on his face that need removing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, you really wonder if it necessary but enough fear is sown to make you act. Yes, himself does need such matters attended to. If a doctor can do it their rooms, all the better.

      Delete
  2. I hope the chunk taken from your neck was not too big. You may need some Frankenstein style bolts to keep your head in place.
    Seriously, I hope the results turn out OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol at Frankenstein bolts JayCee. It was so small it was no more than biopsy size. I don't have concerns, which may be replaced as it what don't worry about that catches you.

      Delete
  3. Hope skin turns out fine. I had to watch my weight again. Eating too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will know when I see her next Thursday, I think. I have observed how some doctors neglect their own well being but for juniors it must be a horror to try to have sensible eating and exercise.

      Delete
  4. You more than earned that espresso and tart and that glass of wine. Hope you slept well and I trust the chunk removed from the back of your neck is totally benign. YOU, take special care.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. It looks like I will have to report back to all that it is benign.

      Delete
  5. Hope R is feeling better soon. And hope the chunk taken out of your neck shows no signs of you-know-what.
    I think you should buy realistic fake plants for your balcony. I almost cry every time you toss another real living plant down the rubbish chute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, it pains me too, to throw plants away like that. They are living and breathing life. Now I am feeling so bad. All I want is our Crown of Thorns plant in its self watering pot and two different annuals a year. Petunias won't really come back. I am not sure about viola. I wish people wouldn't us plants. We can't allow balcony water runoff, so watering them is such a bother.

      Delete
  6. You certainly crammed a lot into your day. Hope the neck heals well and R is on the mend soon. Nothing worse than living with a man with a cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really Caro. Just a normal kind of day really.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. While she isn't my own doctor Debby, I like her and she seems to know her skin issue business, her area of expertise.

      Delete
  8. Great choice. Catching the tram to St Kilda and enjoying brunch in the Acland Street sunshine cures almost any sadness, although I am not sure about the doctor cutting a chunk out of your neck.
    Jewish New Year this weekend, a time to wish good health to people, whatever their background :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice Hels. Ne Year explains the barricades around 'The Gog'.

      Delete
  9. "Chunk out of the back of my neck" conjures up an image of you walking around with a ragged hole just above the shoulder blades, but as long as it contributes to your good health, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What constitutes a chunk? I hope all goes well and everyone returns to rude good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JB, just biopsy size. Rude health? I have a vague memory of that from about five years ago. Thank you.

      Delete
  11. Your day description is almost like all households, sad that R. caught a cold ! I am sitting around and wait for the day I finally move. As much as I loved this apartment, now I don't like it anymore !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, I remember the four month wait after we sold our old house and moved here, some 21 years ago. I feel your pain as you sit in limbo.

      Delete
  12. You have been busy then. I can see you are not so fond of indoor plants.
    Hope R is alright, guess his immune system is a bit low due to his illness a little while ago.
    So did you have sutures in your neck and are you ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two indoor plants, one in a self watering pot and indoor plants are not my department. On our balcony I like our permanent Crown of Thorns and one pot of annuals, changed twice a year. I don't want a cut down metal bucket with viola, nor the cactus I keep just above dead. Watering without balcony run off is difficult.

      Delete
    2. Three stitches and I'm fine, just a bit hard showering until the small wound heals.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. It didn't feel like that TP. We were out for maybe two hours in the morning, and then me out for two hours in the afternoon.

      Delete
  14. I see a new doctor tomorrow after somehow missing my appointment to hook up with yet another new doctor. They don't stay long here, so about every two years I have to find another. Yours sounds ok. I hope you don't get what R has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Strayer, it is good to have a regular doctor who feels empathetic at times.

      Delete
  15. My sibs and I are overcautious with the skin stuff as our mother died of a suspicious tiny bit on her toe, misdiagnosed as a small ulcer, multiple amputations when a year later it wasn't and then spread to her organs. I am explicit in the telling as everyone needs to do this. The effing thing can turn. It did on a brother who barely saved his own thumb from it. I've had crap taken off my thigh (serious) and my shin (not so serious).
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a terrible way to lose a parent. :( I sure hope your biopsy proves a benign mass and that R feels better, Andrew. Be well and take care.

      Delete
    2. Wow WWW. In such a low risk country too. We can't take a chance, especially here.

      Just too awful Darla. Thanks.

      Delete
  16. A day in the life! I winced at the "chunk" taken out of your neck but laughed at your Portuguese tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, I am prone to exaggeration. No Portuguese tart in Australia matches the wonder of a native Portuguese tart.

      Delete

I no understand

Transport for New South Wales, TfNSW, is changing its in train announcements. There was only mention of three I read about in the Sydney Mor...