River and others post Sunday Selections. Here is my bloomin' lot this week.
There are saucepan lids for my forty year old saucepans. No need to use my best china.
Phyllis, what have you done to my gleaming and sparkling saucepans?
Yes, just what you want to see as you open your fridge first thing in the morning. Is it Julius?
Cats prefer running water as it won't have bacteria that still water might have. Think creek as against stale water in a puddle.
In the living/dining area, there are fourteen seats of various varieties, yet these two often choose the floor. Kosov has had a head shave since this was taken and looks much better.
When entering my apartment, tradespeople offer to take their shoes off. I say, don't bother. It's fine. That's a polite way to act. Truth be told, just check for shoes taken off at the door as a guide, as Phyllis's and Kosov's guests did.
Another photo of the old and the new, taken on my return trip on the 58 from the zoo.
Today I will go to town to buy some new more comfortable walking/daily shoes. Mine look ok, but they aren't comfortable even after adding an insole. Yes, I went for the cheapest. This time I won't. Later I am meeting my Indian friend who is the same age as me, and my Hairdresser Friend at a gay hotel for a Sunday afternoon drink. We may kick on for some Asian food in Victoria Street, Richmond.
I suppose I am still alive as I do keep doing things.
Hi Andrew, I enjoyed your photos. Great selections!
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda.
DeleteOh no ... your poor saucepan!
ReplyDeleteI think it can be recovered JayCee.
DeleteDiscombobulated pics today Andrew —————.?
ReplyDeleteJust like me.
DeleteYou act more alive than many young folks today, I fear. ~hugs~ Our spoiled kitties have more than one fountain and this one recommended by a YouTuber proved the easiest to clean, without a submersible engine's impossible nooks and crannies: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FH27P1P5
ReplyDeleteAnd this guy is pretty funny, too:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=renus+delph+water+fountain+review
Darla, the cat in videos is very tolerant. Yes, we've been looking at stainless steel models.
DeleteHonestly, the one I linked to is plastic. The electric base is a separate unit and I put all the rest in the dishwasher, simply turning off the heat dryer so nothing gets warped. Of course we all have different water conditions; ours is extremely alkaline which makes mineral deposits a nightmare even on stainless steel. A mild citric acid solution works wonders, too, in case you haven't tried it.
DeleteForgive my ramblings; I want to help make everyone's life easier however I possibly can. lol As always, be well!
No Darla, very helpful. Kosov wanted to put ours in the dishwasher and I said no. But if the drying is off, it can be. The motor easily lifts out of mine.
DeleteWhat was/is the Old, on your way from the zoo?
ReplyDeleteClose to the City, Hels, in Flemington Road.
DeleteHead shave? As in bald? yikes!
ReplyDeleteYour plate looks like it has been broken and glued together with dark tile cement. This is the main reason I don't like marble, especially on walls and benchtops. I wouldn't be seeing pattern I'd be seeing cracks. My cats were always okay with the still water in their bowls, because it was fresh and in a clean bowl every morning.
River, not bald but a perhaps number two cut. His head is spiky to rub. Yes, of course cats don't need falling water. They will drink whatever water is available, but they do seem to prefer running water.
DeleteMiss translete, Good Sunday!
ReplyDeleteThanks Modrina.
DeleteYour cat seems very comfortable around Kosov and Phyllis.
ReplyDeleteShe became used to Phyllis' loud voice and his full on attitude. She loves Kosov.
DeleteHe came, he saw, and he conquered the refrigerator.
ReplyDeleteLuv it, Ruby Rose.
DeleteGood selection Andrew. Hope you enjoyed your day with friends.
ReplyDeleteThe catch up was nice, Margaret.
DeleteAlways buy shoes for comfort.
ReplyDeleteThey seemed ok at the time, but the price should have rung bells.
DeleteI'd give a tutorial in kitchen pan cleanup!!!!
ReplyDeleteLearnt from experience with Carlos' cooking?
DeleteI have two running water fountains for my kitties. They prefer them to the bowls. Shoes bring in every sort of thing seen and unseen from the outside. I prefer to leave them at the door.
ReplyDeleteStrayer, we all take our shoes off inside, but that is for comfort rather than hygiene reasons. Our bad.
DeleteThat's a very dramatic old/new photo! It reminds me of the famous siituation of the old woman who wouldn't sell her house to a developer, so they built a modern high-rise around it.
ReplyDeletehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Coking_house
And of course Donald Trump was involved!
My friend had a special running-water thing for his cat. Fortunately dogs are fine with a bowl.
Steve, we had a case where a carpark was built around the home of someone who refused to sell. Council knew there would be an uproar if she was forced out, so just waited until she died.
DeleteNot so much for the woman who would not sell, the other details around the development around the Coking house are gobsmacking.
DeleteI see Jass sitting beside Kosov. You can tell that she loves him, Andrew.
ReplyDeletePat, it did take a while with Phyllis, as he is quite loud and has a huge presence.
DeleteI swear my Skechers! I love taking old/new photos.
ReplyDeleteI always say no need to take your shoes off, but it is custom for so many people. We have friends that bring their own slippers. I hade disposable slippers on my shopping list for months now, I can't find them. Our plumber brings things to cover his shoes.