Monday, September 28, 2026

Remembering Sue

It is one year since the treasure of the blog world Sue, aka Elephant's Child, went to her big kangaroo and cockatoo ground in the sky. I still miss her muchly, and you know she was a very early riser, and when I chose a time to set for my blog posts, I scheduled them for 5am eastern Australian time, so that she could see them hot off the press.

She was a step above being a decent and kind person. 

I won't go on about it, and you can read what I wrote a year ago here and you can check out her last post here, when the love flowed once we learnt of her demise.

Dearest Sue, you are so missed.

10 comments:

  1. She was so lovely ...
    A very nice post today in her memory.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo and tribute, Andrew. I didn't know a whole lot about her, but what I did know was very positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice tribute from a true blue friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her so much Andrew. We exchanged daily emails for years. And gave each other permission to whine all we wanted. I always felt better after our daily whines. Your post brought tears to my eyes. She was so one of a kind. And so supportive and honest. And creative.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the world's best people gone too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a touching detail, Andrew, that your posts still go out at 5am because that's when Sue would read them. She clearly left a lasting mark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A loving tribute to Sue. Big hug Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a nice tribute to EC. Miss her too and thanks for the links, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Immortality is being remembered.

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

The weekend visit to Daylesford 2

Mount Franklin is a popular brand of bottled water in Australia, well Victoria at least. Apparently the real Mount Franklin does supply some...