Wednesday, September 30, 2026

I'm not opinionated, but...

Petrol prices: Without doubt petrol companies are profiteering during this world wide oil problems, solely caused by #47. The 'outrageous prices' of the Biden era don't seem so outrageous now. The retailers and the supplying companies are making a bomb, and no one is talking about that.

Lachie Neale: Creepy Australian football player who on camera punched another player in the guts. He was suspended for one match, but it was the Grand Final match, so naturally a way was found to let him play. For mine, he should have been charged with assault by the police.

A US AI company attacked an Australian medical system to seek information. Another AI company took that as being an ok thing to do, so it attacked too. Bring back the old days when there was only Google and Wikipedia. Matters of the tech have never scared me, but they are starting to now. 

'Ave a good one', (day). Suddenly English as a second language supermarket staff are using such slang as you thank them after paying. I don't mind it, but is clearly coming from management, with the hope that they are seen as dinky di Australians. 

Data centres: Massive buildings that from within consume huge amounts of electricity and water. Every year before summer we are warned by doomsayers that there will be electricity blackouts over summer because there won't be enough electricity to power our cooling. I think it did happen once in the teen years, but that was I think due to coal power station failures. One data centre can use as much power as a town with 127,000 residents. This is a huge issue to be addressed. And so is the water consumption, when in times of drought and water restrictions for households. There will be a huge pile on against the data centres and governments if the use of resources is not addressed and ensured they are renewable.

Electricity supply for data centres: Nah, we're not paying for underground cables. We'll, just put enormously tall high voltage power poles down your quiet and leafy suburban street. They did in one street and after another street saw that happen, they blockaded their own street by parking cars to stop the works. Already dug holes have been filled in. Who knows what Plan B will be.

A terrorist plot in England foiled by a farmer returning home after being at a party? Well done that girl, but was it? Much to the dissatisfaction of #47 and his bitch boi Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, the accused have been released on bail. I would assume the English authorities know what they are doing and such a decision wasn't taken lightly, and they don't need interference from across the Atlantic. 

Miss Manners in public: No one wants to hear your phone videos playing on public transport (young people), and no one wants to hear your phone on loudspeaker with what should be a private conversation (old people). 

16 comments:

  1. Yes. I have realised that I am now too old for this world. Please make it all stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be one of the Mister Men Andrew... Mr Grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Lachie Neale should not have been allowed to play, a ban is a ban!
    I would rather hear " 'Ave a good one" than "you have a nice day", we are Australian after all.
    Why won't governments see that paying extra to bury power lines will eventually save them millions in repair costs?
    I never take phone calls on buses, we text back and forth instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything turned out very strangely everywhere, so I'm scared :((

    Best regards from my land of Slovenia, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I'm reading, the alleged terrorists had no weapons but plenty of what you call petrol. Those guys must have deep pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The football player shouldn't been permitted to play and he didn't play well he said so himself. I kind of wonder how many football players punch other players and get away with it completely as no one sees it or it was not filmed. The AI centers are a bit of a worry, and good on the people for parking their cars in the way..

    ReplyDelete
  7. AI and data centres are a worry but I guess we'll all get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lachie Neale punched into the opposition player's stomach, NOT near the football. If that had happened on the beach, the police would have been called.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing is a crime if it is in sport or done by a sportsman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not opinionated but curmudgeonly perhaps ;) I think a whole new rethink on AI is needed. Obviously it can be used for bad, Couple of computers muttering in the corner this morning in how to design weapons of war makes me slightly worried. Thinking for themselves - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some days I am glad I am old, maybe I will die before it all falls apart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I am in a constant rant these days, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I was "real dinkum Aussies" not "dinky di Australians:" Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are all gone stark raving mad and are only to blame ourselves for electing nincompoops and billionaire wannabes to our highest offices. End of times? More than likely. Hopefully I will be gone but I worry so for my progeny.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Who has the biggest?

Someone recently asked if walk in robes, or closets, were common in Australia. While I don't like new homes much, so I don't look at...