Thursday, October 1, 2026

Who has the biggest?

Someone recently asked if walk in robes, or closets, were common in Australia. While I don't like new homes much, so I don't look at them, I think most would have WIRs, but they are a recent thing. Unless retro fitted, most older homes will not have WIR. This is the layout of HH's apartment, and from her bedroom, she has both an ensuite and walk in robe. She has a huge balcony, but she rarely goes out onto the balcony. These plans are not to scale as a comparison. 


We are not sure who had the biggest, because mine is a very different layout. The spare room is close to the living area and kitchen. The next bedroom used by Phyllis and Kosov is more isolated, and me in the west wing, much more isolated. I prefer my layout and HH thinks mine is better, but I don't have the walk in robe that she has. While the apartment walls are pretty well soundproof, the interior walls are not and I would not like a bedroom directly off the living areas like HH's. 


My apartment block is unusual for Australia in that it is about 75% three bedroom, 20% two bedroom and 5% two bedroom plus a study.

1 comment:

  1. I think I prefer your layout but if I lived alone either one would suit me fine. Room for all my clothes!

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Who has the biggest?

Someone recently asked if walk in robes, or closets, were common in Australia. While I don't like new homes much, so I don't look at...