Written ages ago. Now published.
In my youthful years I learnt the order of planets using the mnemonic, My Very Ernest Man Just Showed Us Nine Planets. It has now been decided that Pluto is not a planet. Who would know?
While I may be an old dog, I can still learn, such as this modern version omitting non planet Pluto that appeals to me, My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos.
Some of you may remember how I learnt to spell the name of the Sydney suburb Woolloomooloo. Sheep, toilet, cow, toilet. Loo is a common term for a toilet in England.
I struggled with spelling the word 'necessary'. I focused on the spelling, repeating it over and over again until I became confident with the spelling of neccesary. I've never gotten it wrong since.
I'm pleased in my old age to learn when Easter falls, being the first Sunday after the first full moon after the 21st of March. From what I can tell, this is my own photo. Well done me.

I am impressed, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteMost of the methods I used in order to remember such things have now been lost in the dusty archives of my addled brain.
I taught myself how to spell occasion by anthropomorphizing them like the two Cs are off to see their friend S (Two C an S). lol Be well!
ReplyDeleteI was a star speller st school and the only word I ever got wrong in all those years of spelling tests was -- necessary! Never got it wrong again.
ReplyDeleteI always excelled at spelling in school! However, history, geography and math were not my strong subjects! (still aren't) LOL! I did very well in French, spelling, typing.
ReplyDelete