Saturday, August 29, 2026

A #47 win?

If you care to, can you check your Google Maps and see what Gulf of Mexico brings up for you, especially if you are in the Americas. Here is what I see in Australia. Place name changing is a bit topical in North America at the moment. If it is hard to see, my view says Gulf of Mexico and in brackets, Gulf of America.

37 comments:

  1. Mine says Gulf of America, which does not make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Sandra, I'm sure it doesn't but it is now the official name, and it's interesting how Google Maps have dealt with it. There is link below in Debby's comment that explains it simply.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Many amusing responses by Canadians and a collective 'eff off #47'.

      Delete
  3. That man, that POS, that miserable excuse for a human being, is a fucking moron, and that's being kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for keeping the list of his faults short and concise, Pixie.

      Delete
  4. Yes that's what it says on my google maps too from New Zealand, unbelievable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Amy :(
      But why did Google agree to lie like that?

      Delete
    2. Hels, they were more or less forced to, it being declared an official name.

      Delete
  5. It's the Gulf of Mexico no matter what complicit Google shows, and it will be Gulf of Mexico long after Cankles' is forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I guess it will easily be reversed, but so many things will take a long time to reverse, even with the political will of a new regime.

      Delete
  6. Dammit! Mine says Gulf of America. I'm in USA, sadly, where the moron thinks he's king.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I wonder if Google could have gone against what is now an official name?

      Delete
  7. Well what can you expect from a Drongo???
    I believe the Pacific Ocean is next for a new name!
    That will set the cat off among the pigeons!
    Good on the Canadians - stick it up him.
    Problem is he may like that - ha ha!
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin, I doubt he can change the South Pacific, our own ocean, and yes, good on the Canadians.

      Delete
  8. Mine is as yours is (making sense as we are both in Australia). What always titilates me is the knowledge that it only takes 15 minutes from Blue Ball to Intercourse in PA, USA - and if you want to continue, its not far to Mt Joy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Bob. It's Gulf of Mexico no matter what Google says.

    Meanwhile, in Washington DC these days there is a Gulf of Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, along with a missing gulf of intellect.

      Delete
  10. https://share.google/4PfUIeYrDARXnYLAQ

    We are so dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same. Gulf of Mexico with GOA in brackets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Debby's link to Google's policy explains. I am pleased Gulf of Mexico is the dominant one we see.

      Delete
  12. I don't care what any map says, it is the Gulf of Mexico to me and always will be. Same with Lake Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Google has Gulf of Mexico, with Gulf of America in brackets

    ReplyDelete
  14. Australia is a weaker nation than US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Militarily and economically Roentare, but much stronger in so many other areas, like health care for everyone, to start with.

      Delete
    2. Try telling that to a grizzled stockman on a Queensland cattle ranch Roentare! What do you mean by "weaker" anyway?

      Delete
  15. It is, and always will be the Gulf of America, sorry world, our petulant toddler is ranting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TP, as we used to say here, Google is having a bob each way. It complies with #47, but doesn't really.

      Delete
  16. Mine says the same as yours Andrew. Gulf of Mexico (Gulf of America)
    As far as I'm concerned, it will always be the Gulf of Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is Margaret. This is just a brief aberration in the history of time.

      Delete
  17. When Orange Lardman has gone all of his name changes will disappear and history will remember him as a self-obsessed, incompetent boor. A living embarrassment who rather than "making America great again", eroded the very foundations of a once great nation, making it a laughing stock around the world. Will they ever be able to regain the ground and the prestige that has been lost under his unintelligent and vindictive leadership?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know YP. He has destroyed so much and made the country so unreliable. It is disappointing that so many voted for him but even worse that what were the basic foundations of the county have appeased him. At best, it will take a long time, and I doubt the well mannered Canada will easily forgive such bad manners.
      And it not just him. It's all his cronies too.

      Delete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

A #47 win?

If you care to, can you check your Google Maps and see what Gulf of Mexico brings up for you, especially if you are in the Americas. Here is...