Monday, October 27, 2025

Monday Mural

Joining in with Sami, this mural photo was taken outside Sydney's Carriageworks, an old railway workshop. More about that down the track. I think it is exceptionally nice, and note the little doggie sitting to the bottom right. 


Later edit: Thanks to Marcellous for a link to who the people are in the mural. I should have at least recognised Dame Marie Bashir. 

23 comments:

  1. Lovely mural Andrew. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals. Hope you had a nice time in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful. How do they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't see the dog - must be going blind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely. I haven't seen it before but I knew it would be aunty someone.
    Im sure you will tell the story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it is Marie Bashir third from left. Not to steal Andrew's thunder but I found more info here: https://streetartcities.com/markers/67518ebe-c257-4383-bd9f-ea21fbac8d53

      Delete
  5. The little dog is hard to find, but I managed. Very nice mural!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh outside Sydney's Carriageworks. I didn't think I had seen this mural before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree it's exceptionally nice. The little doggie is adorable and the humans look very accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little Highland Terrier sitting there? The person looks familiar but I don't know who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great portraiture and I do like the sweet little dog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful mural, Andrew. And I see the cute little West Highland Terrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had one for about ten years, Linda. She was lovely but died an early death.

      Delete
  11. It is a very good painting of the four women and the little dog. I wonder what the story is?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swett little white dog and a nice mural with Auntie in it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link about who is featured in this mural. And thanks for pointing out the little dog -- I would have missed seeing it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Sunday Supplement

Daylight saving has begun, with Jass being happy to be fed an hour earlier. In this electronic age, I had to correct two bedroom clocks, the...