Saturday, October 26, 2024

In the Clover

Clover Moore has been Lord Mayor of Sydney for twenty years. She was also an independent state politician for 34 years until rules were changed that disallowed being a Lord Mayor and a state politician.

She has always had a large gay fan base, and there are many reasons why. While Sydney is not my city, I have watched with interest over the years and generally she has performed well. She made a grave mistake by pushing for an underground power system for the city's new tram lines in a major street, rather than the trams collecting power from overhead wires, a system that has been around for a century plus. As the grumpy old gentlemen who have a technical interests in trams predicted, the below ground power system is unreliable and has led to many partial closures of the new tram system within the city.

Whatever, it is hard to imagine Sydney without Clover at the helm and she has quite a legacy of achievements. But as a shallow gay man, doesn't she just look fabulous at her age of 79.

3 comments:

  1. If asked how old she was I wouldn't have put her anywhere close to 79. A long career and mostly for the good. I wonder who will replace her - and when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks fabulous. I hope her successor will be equally successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shallow or not, I agree she looks pretty good. I doubt that I shall wear so well.

    ReplyDelete

In the Clover

Clover Moore has been Lord Mayor of Sydney for twenty years. She was also an independent state politician for 34 years until rules were chan...