Sunday, August 25, 2024

Sunday Selections

I'm joining Elephant's Child and River for Sunday Selections, with my usual mixed bag of photos, all bar one mine.

Friends have recently visited South Africa and it's hard to believe it is now six years since we visited. This photo I took from Table Top Mountain looming over Cape Town as the mist swirled, hid a view, exposed another and swirled around the mount again. It was a steep climb to get up the six stairs to get into the chair life pod.


Vaccinations every morning. Just the best way to start your day.
Teeth extracted and stopped. I guess that means filled.
...carefully treated. The bottom line I can make out but not the one above. Looking at it more as a picture, I think it might be 'Constipation'. If it is, I am pleased it is treated carefully. 


I've taken a reasonable moon shot or two in the past. I don't know what I did but it had quite some effect.


These old W Class trams now only run the free City Circle tram route. They have been heavily renovated inside and out, and mechanically along with driver controls, so they are hardly original but they still look, ride and sound the same as they always did. 



No one sends cards anymore, except they do.


I gave this to niece Jo. She is rather fond of Rocky Horror Show. It's made of tin. I don't know where it came from. Ray must have obtained it at some point.


What had happened here? The old palm frond stubs had all been ripped out.


And lying below the tree. I suspect a yoof may have climbed the tree and did the damage. 


An illustration of very predictable human behaviour. 


Interesting artwork in a brand new part of the public Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.



Soccer player David Beckham does have a very fine watch. 

36 comments:

  1. Love your selections. Moon shots are my nemesis. An amazing view from Cape Town and I am glad you managed those six stairs. And yes, David Beckham's watch (a euphemism I hadn't been aware of) is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, many things about our Danube River cruise were so memorable but I think being up on Table Mountain tops nearly all holiday experiences.

      Delete
  2. More intriguing photos, especially the moonshot worm.
    Mr Beckham's watch has made me quite hot and bothered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayCee, the moon is weird. Doctors with devices used to relieve such female tensions into the last century.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the awesome images and giggles. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tram scenes are lovely. And the watch ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roentare, while I don't like the modern LED lighting now, at least they have been properly restored and maintained.

      Delete
  5. Funny ones today! But aiiiieeeeeeeeee! You got on a chair lift and went down that Table Top Mountain??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old train; what a great old-fashioned way to get around. And I remember going to midnight shows of Rocky Horror and acting out parts and talking to the screen and sometimes dancing to the Time Warp.

    Becks is wearing a watch? Oh, yeah, there it is. I hadn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I remember them too, as staff confiscated everyone's cigarette lighters as people would light them up during a certain scene. I do vaguely recall mentioning something about Beckham's watch.

      Delete
  7. I don't know what the hell is going on in the third picture. I even googled "moonshot worm" but nothing came back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, language, please. Maybe I was pissed when I snapped at the moon, or maybe I had taken a fall, or maybe both.

      Delete
  8. Watch? What watch? (cheesy grin here) The Rocky Horror lunchbox looks like the sort of thing you'd get at a souvenir stand at a stage production, or from the cinema for a premiere showing of the movie. I have a similar lunchbox with Minions on it.
    The moon shot is weird and stangely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, Ray did take Jo to see the show, or did she take him? I can't remember, but I expect you are correct.
      Clearly I thought there was something about the moon photo to bother to share it here.

      Delete
  9. DB's watch indeed Andrew..lol
    All the photos are good, love that moon gone wrong, it's certainly a different moon to the one I know 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, maybe how the moon is seen after taking magic mushrooms.

      Delete
  10. These old W Class trams may have a limited route now but as long as they still look, ride and sound the same as they always did, I am a happy Melburnian. Those trams made Melbourne's public transport system not unique but very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All oh so true. How fortunate we are that they didn't disappear in the late 50s early 60s as they did elsewhere.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I love those electric trolleys!

      Delete
    3. We in Melbourne do too, Cloudia.

      Delete
  11. Interesting selection. The views from Table Top Mountain are evocative.
    The gate amused me, though it looks odd and unattractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JB, such things as the gate just amaze me. No doubt the path and gate were planned by an architect, with gardens beside the path, but no account of basic human behaviour was taken into account. At times I think I am old and stupid, and then I realise there are also younger and more stupid.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I did watch several times TP to check the watch.

      Delete
  13. I bet that's not a recent photo of DB's watch 😀 TQ for all the interesting pics.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Alison. I am sure it not recent and it is never good revisit people some years later. But as Patsy said to Eddie, buns so tight he was bouncing off the wall.

      Delete
  14. Deb in Missouri USAAugust 26, 2024 at 1:46 AM

    I always enjoy your photos, traveling vicariously is so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always a pleasure romping with you. I'm sure she is happy to receive that nice Rocky horror souvenir! Thank you Andrew aloha to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is happy with it Cloudia. Thanks.

      Delete
  16. Fun post, Andrew. We have a shelf full of cards right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry to read that your sweetheart has gone. I'm reading A Widow's Story by Joyce Carol Oates, which makes it plain just how hard it is to carry on and find sweetness in life. Stay well. - Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice wishes Kate. Yes, it is not easy at times.

      Delete

A hexabition

Tolarno Gallery sounds a bit posh, but I can pretend to be posh and visit. I put on my best singlet (English word, vest). shorts and flip-fl...