Tuesday, March 5, 2024

I could have posted cloud photos!

I believe this is from an old English tv show. It is simple humour and I like its subtlety. 

Vic Flange goes to  pour Evelyn Blunt a glass of wine.

Evelyn: "Not for me, thank you".

Vic: "No? Don't drink?"

Evelyn: "I tried it once and didn't like it."

Vic: "Oh. Have a smoke?:

Evelyn: "No. I tried it once and didn't like it."

Vic: "How strange."

Evelyn: "Not at all. My daughter is just the same."

Vic: "Only child?"

Evelyn: "She is." 

19 comments:

  1. thecontemplativecat this was so funny. Needed that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's led a subtle existence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly, most of the patients in my clinic claim they don't drink and smoke ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame, Evelyn. A glass of wine can be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well a blogger can post, what every they like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Andrew. Subtle humour at its best I could see the scene being played in my mind

    ReplyDelete
  7. Typical British humour! Love the photo, is that really your view?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog header photo Chris? Yes, our view, part of it anyway.

      Delete
  8. I've heard it before but it still makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vic Flange was played by Sid James - real name Solomon Joel Cohen. I wonder why he changed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It reminds me of Monty Python's Meaning of Life: "It's the same with us, Harry. We have two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cracked me up, still laughing.

    ReplyDelete

I no understand

Transport for New South Wales, TfNSW, is changing its in train announcements. There was only mention of three I read about in the Sydney Mor...