Saturday, January 21, 2023

Sexy Sporting Saturday

I did not know the rather delightful Stefano Tsitsipas has a brother here competing in the Australian Open. I'm sure Petros is a nice fella, but he doesn't quite have the appeal of his older brother. He looked nice enough with long hair but now, not so much.


We have a new hope for Australian tennis with a possible rising star one Alexei Popyrin.  Not too shabby at all. His press conference after a surprise win was a delight of emotion.

To note, as Andy Murray won against an Australian player (no, I won't name the player because as you know I would not resist misspelling his name) he is assuredly a Scottish tennis player, not a British or English player as he may have been if he lost. Don't worry Brits. We do the same with New Zealanders. But the match finishing at 4.05am! I would have jet lag for a week. It seems absurd but must be good for somewhere in the world to watch. A daytime match in England, it seems.

Meanwhile a great Australian athlete has been accused of taking performance enhancing drugs. Whether he did or didn't, once an sports person is named publicly it's gonna stick. Peter Bol is an athletic runner. Footage was shown of him and others running. 

I remarked to R how runners' knackers are certainly strapped down now. Funnily the story's reporter, Matt Shirvington, was also a running athlete back in the days when junk was not quite as contained.

Not quite as impressive, but nor was Finish runner Markus Poyhonen very contained. 


Perhaps I should have called this post Old Man Sleazy Saturday. I've never watched athletics and a few years ago I did watch a tennis match on tv. 

20 comments:

  1. I do wonder whether that uncontained running is as painful as bouncing boobs can be? I expect it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, contrary to the manner some many carry on if they are so much as touched, they are quite tough parts of the body and bouncing around is not a problem.

      Delete
  2. Certainly not a budgie pouncing in these tight shorts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To keep it topical, a galah perhaps Roentare.

      Delete
  3. Oh dearie me ! Andrew you are a naughty boy🤣 ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Above comment from your mate The Stalker…was laughing so much I forget to write my Anon identity card

      Delete
    2. Like a teenage boy sniggering I am Stalker.

      Delete
  4. Surely that would be distracting? Could you try running and report back, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro, I was quite the athlete when I was young 🙄 and I don't remember it being distracting or painful.

      Delete
  5. I love to see footballers in their sleeveless club jumper and small knickers. There is nothing uglier than grid iron pads on the shoulders, wicket keepers' awkward pads or fencers' chest covers (even if they have important safety roles).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, as they were back in Capper Time. A lot of money is now spent on the design of sports clothes, like as how soccer players' shorts drape and I am sure the AFL does this too..

      Delete
  6. People who like sport do not focus on a sportsman's groin area. Mind you, I am rather fond of women's beach volleyball. They put so much effort in when they whip balls over the net. Poetry in motion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather hard to miss YP, even if you aren't looking, but of course I do, as you looking at bouncing women volley ball players...probably hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.

      Delete
  7. Oh my is that last one ever bouncing around. Wouldn't that hurt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope Strayer. Clearly not. They are sprinters, so run for very short periods.

      Delete
  8. Yes, the AO tennis season is on, and I am following it keenly. Alexei Popyrin lost today to B. Shelton. I didn't watch the match. But the scoreline indicates that it was a well-fought match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pradeep, aside from one very hot day and light rain delaying play another, the weather has been so good this year, which adds to the atmosphere.

      Delete
  9. Now that people can make slow-motion GIFS of runners they need to better contain those "knackers," I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, and of course there are really slow motion clips of these runners.

      Delete
  10. As you've said, it doesn't hurt to have those bits bouncing around like that, but it certainly looks as if it would. I'm glad they get strapped now. it just looks better.

    ReplyDelete

Unexpectedly bereft

The most wonderful person I've ever known has suddenly died, Thursday night Australian time. He was kind, generous with a great outgoing...