Thursday, January 26, 2023

India

Happy Indian Republic Day to all. 

Today celebrates the enaction of the new Indian constitution post independence from Britain. Generally Indian immigration to Australia has be a wonderful success. For some reason, the 'towel heads' as Sikhs may have been called in the past, seem to fit in exceptionally well and their organisational abilities to provide charitable food and care during times of disaster has been amazing. One such Sikh leader was up for last night's Australian of the year award.


9 comments:

  1. I am delighted that the contribution of immigrants to Australia's history is being recognised in the Australian of the Year awards of 2023. I am not sure that would have been so in 1963.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sikh community do so much good. They epitomise a life devoted to service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most Sikhs I see our Truck driver and they stop at our local truck stop. For supplies, a bite to eat, and or fuel.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a few Indian people and they are all nice. Taxi and bus drivers are often Indian too and they are unfailingly polite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that would be a day to celebrate. I am agreeing with Hels - as I so often do about the Australian of the Year awards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly a wonderful cause to celebrate Australia day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've met some Sikh truck drivers.

    ReplyDelete

It's all about me

I've always liked this phrase and I wouldn't have a clue about its origins, the phrase being 'All over the place like a mad woma...