Sister asked us if we would like to see her daughter in a one production of the musical Madagascar last Sunday in Geelong. We agreed and decided we would stay a couple of nights in a caravan park cabin. The price wasn't bad and the cabin looked quite nice on the website (don't they always?). I am now looking at various websites when looking for accommodation, working out prices and availability, then calling the place directly and ensure we get what we want for the lowest price I can find on the WWW.
So we had booked the Saturday and Sunday nights and Sister called to ask us for lunch on the Saturday, cooked by Jo. We agreed even though it added an hour to total travelling time, so that was nice.
Standard check in time in Australia is 2pm but at noon we received a message that our cabin was ready. A second message informed us the road to the park from the north was closed due to flooding and to use the southern entrance.
Our cabin was nice enough except it had a very old split system air conditioning unit and with night temperatures under 10 degrees, we really needed it. It was barely adequate.
R fancied a little flutter so we dined at the local Returned Services League club. It was good and I had a little flutter too and doubled my $20 investment. I should have put in $200 and doubled to $400. Normally I would advise folk to take up gambling. Look how easy it was for me to double my money, but R lost $30.
Back at the cabin, the rains fell...all night. We are not used to hearing rain on a tin roof.
Jo's lunch for us, lamb meatballs on a bed of salad with fetta.