Daylight saving has begun, with Jass being happy to be fed an hour earlier. In this electronic age, I had to correct two bedroom clocks, the microwave, the oven, the weather station, the digital wall clock and the mantle clock.
Monday morning on the balcony is delightful as I view all the sad sacks having to go to their employment, but even nicer is Sunday evening when the white noise reduces, with the loud Harley Davidson and Royal Enfield motorcycles, along with the Maserati type cars with loud backfiring, spluttering and roaring exhaust noises, rather like an out of tune Austin 7 without a muffler, return to their outer suburban homelands.
Trams still glide past but it is so peaceful, with only a very faint hum of electric bikes and small motor bikes delivering food to the lazy.
I pondered how I would occupy my time if I lived in small country town or on a farm and didn't live in a big city. If I had an internet connection, I suppose I would survive. A gay farmer is quite desirable by certain folk, as their imaginations work overtime. An old gay farmer, yes well....
Gloved up, at least my fist could remove a calf from a cow with a tight passage.
It was all going so well until your last sentence. Now I have an image n my head that I can't shake ...
ReplyDeleteAs Ray used to say, you talk so well to people until you drop in a clanger.
DeleteThat is saying something quite inappropriate.
DeleteThe time change here is November 1st. Legislation to end the time shifts is stuck in Congress, only one or two votes away from passage. I for one would be glad to stop changing the clocks.
ReplyDeleteYou had me until the last sentence and then I laughed out loud!
ReplyDeleteI love the unexpected.
I love how we can imagine alternative lifestyles. "Dropping a clanger" was one of my dad's favourite expressions. Is it Irish, I wonder, or English in origin? I like to look out my window at all the sad sacks too, and I'm truly delighted to have all these years of retirement, well, mostly retirement, with my life finally my own.
ReplyDeleteXO
WWW