Friday, September 4, 2026

Note to Bone Doctor

A few weeks ago Bone Doctor stayed after a doctor's conference and then drinks and socialising afterwards. She arrived back here after I had gone to bed. I left her notes on a small notepad. I would just put the original here, and while I don't have much shame in life, I am ashamed of my wobbly handwriting, so I'll just type it.

Note 1: I meant to leave you a wee dram (Scotch) to help you sleep but alas it disappeared. Sleep well, and see you in the morning. There is some port on the trolley.

Note 2: Chuck over the side of the bed whatever pillows or stuffed toys you don't want and cuddle the toy you do like.  

Note 3: If you are hungry, take an old age pensioner's meals on wheels sandwich from the fridge. 

Sister called last night, right as the 6pm tv news began. She has no respect for the life of her older brother. She and her wife will stay next Thursday night before going to a football match at 10.00am, scheduled to suit American tv audiences. 

Let me investigate. NFL, what is that?   The NFL's first-ever regular season game in Australia will be played at the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on Friday 11 September 2026

The Los Angeles Rams will play against the San Fran Cisco 69ers 49ers. I still don't know what NFL is. National Football League? Yes. I will guess this is the slow football with players wearing a huge amount of protective gear. I've seen bits of it on tv, and it's even less interesting to me than Australia's own football and soccer. How can you identify a hot and sexy football player in such garb, and helmets, whereby you can't even see their faces.

Different strokes for different folks. 

1 comment:

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Note to Bone Doctor

A few weeks ago Bone Doctor stayed after a doctor's conference and then drinks and socialising afterwards. She arrived back here after I...