This is an interesting video from our ABC. Note the mention of tide height. I've never seen the presenter before but he does a well enough job.
At 12 metres/49' I thought we had the highest tides in the world but no. For that you must visit the east coast of Canada, to the Bay of Fundy (thanks Jackie) with its shores being in both Nova Scotia and New Brunswick provinces where tides can be up to 17 metres/56'.
Check out this video with commentary and time lapse video.
I don't know if I should continue to occasionally publish posts like this. They take time to get things right, and find the right clips, let alone that I am using others' work.
That middle video, I've been there. It is truly amazing and you have to pay attention to the tide.
ReplyDeleteThat was very interesting. I find tides and their power amazing.
ReplyDeleteIn the eighties Blondie sang, "The Tide Is High". Perhaps Debbie Harry was thinking of The Bay of Fundy.
ReplyDelete