As usual I am joining with River and others for Sunday Selections. Now what do I have to show you?
This cat toy has a a motor to make the arm move about and a red laser pointer. Jass found it uninteresting, until we removed the arm, disabled the laser and put cat treats inside the toy, which has an opening for the treats to fall out. She has become quite adept at patting the ball around to get the treats.
Sorry cocky, we don't feed the native wildlife.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Love the bus and the dinosaurs. Jass is clever working out how to get the treats. I haven't been to Bunnings in years, well two years at least though it seems forever.
ReplyDeleteI don't think we even have public phones in the US anymore, just poles with fixtures indicating where the phones used to be.
ReplyDeleteCute cockatoo. Jass is sweet. We still have public telephones here in Montreal.
ReplyDeleteYup! September 2014 was a long time ago for a young country* like Australia.
ReplyDelete*not so young for your dispossessed and maltreated indigenous inhabitants who can trace their ancestries back 50,000 years.
The carving in the stone is from 1888. As you might imagine, I am very ashamed of my British antecedents treatment of Aborigines. I am ashamed of what has happened in my lifetime. I can't change history and I will remain apologetic for their current situation. I am a little puzzled about why you brought this up in a post unrelated to our indigenous people.
DeleteNo need to be puzzled old chap. It's just that you said you had spotted something "historic" when the plaque was from September 2014! I am aware that unlike some white Australians you have genuine sympathy with indigenous people. You have revealed this in some past blogposts.
DeleteAndrew is still correct YP, the stone is historic from 1888, only the plaque is new from 2014.
DeleteThe buses and dinosaurs and good to have to look at/display.
ReplyDeleteJass enjoying the basket and the cock is nice. Guess it came for a rest.
Toys have become rather elaborate.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of chain/links used as a unit of measurement. 100 links in a chain, which equals 66 yards, which is 99 feet, which means that one link equals nearly one foot. What a peculiar chain.
ReplyDeleteDebby; a "chain" is 66 Feet, (22 Yards), called a chain because of "Gunter's Chain", a physical measuring tool invented in 1620 by English mathematician Edmund Gunter. This tool was made of 100 metal links and measured exactly 22 yards (66feet). which makes each link considerably shorter than one foot.
DeleteI'm glad they explained the marker. Not something anyone would figure out on their own!
ReplyDeleteJass is a lucky cat, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteI also had some noisy visitors on the weekend, much like yours, but in much greater numbers!
ReplyDeleteWe have a bus shaped cat hideaway with one scratching pad on the floor and a second on the roof. :D Those are fun collectibles. Be well!
ReplyDelete