The zed/zee battle with Phyllis and Kesav is ongoing.
It has become a bit of a joke about Kosov visiting the rest room. I now wish him well with his visit to the rest room, which can be half an hour, and later ask him if he enjoyed his rest. Their is a bucket and scoop in the toilet, so I guess some washing happens. Both of the lads only shower about every third or fourth day, and that is when they wash their hair. They are always perfectly clean and wash their hand appropriately.
Is it not enough that we seem intent on destroying our own planet, now we are starting to destroy the moon too, with one of Musk Rat's space craft crashing into the lovely Mr Moon, with a huge ground explosion. Scumbag. His daughter hates him so much, she changed her surname, and effectively called him a racist Boer.
Friday, neighbour HH is taking us out for dinner, and Phyllis has chosen an Italian place in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. We will catch two trams to travel to the popular, rather grungy and alternative area. I said to HH, "Eighty year old Nonna will be able to brag to her children and grandchildren that she has been for dinner on the 'wild side'".
I thought the twin boys would be last in my life time to be born in my immediate family, but no. Hippie Niece is pregnant with a boy. The mother of the now nine year old 'Cafe Latte' twins had a terrible pregnancy and horrible post natal depression, which became ongoing psychiatric issues. She was hospitalised for a time in a mental health unit, she wasn't to be alone with her daughters and was provided with a daily carer for some hours each day. She is now in a stable relationship, with two step daughters of a similar age to hers, and manages well enough. The whole family were dreading this happening, yet we've all decided to be very positive about the impending arrival of her son. At the age of 34, she is older and more mature, and I think she will be ok. So, I will have five great nieces and four great nephews, my youngest brother being their paternal grandfather, and Ex Sis in Law being their maternal grandmother.
I put it to Phyllis and Kosov, what should I do next at home in the way of renewal and improving my home. I gave alternatives, new modern overhead lighting? Replace the 20 year old plus lounge room furniture? Have new floor tiles put over the top of the old ones in the kitchen, toilet and bathrooms? The vote went for the new tiles.
I saw an ad on tv featuring a gay male couple with a baby. Kosov, I asked him, if you and Phyllis adopted a baby or child, which sex would you prefer? He said, either, but Phyllis would like a girl. I replied, 'So he and your daughter could share make up and nail polish?' The discussion went on about child adoption and I asked him if he would consider adopting a child in India. He emphatically said no, which seemed odd. Why so? 'If it was a he, he might turn out to look one of the three guys who raped me at school. Every time I see someone who looks like one of them, I just hate Indian men so much.' Well, that rather sent me sideways.
We had a gay Anglo Indian friend from about 1980 to 1995, and he was raped at one of Calcutta's most prestigious boys' school, but in his case, he said he quite enjoyed it, and really fancied one of the guys.
I don't know any detail. There could have been violence or not involved. Warren already knew he liked guys and Kosov identified as straight then. Oh what damage men do.
A daily shower should be routine for everyone., particularly if you are in a workplace and or out and about . It’s like changing sheets and pillowcases regularly. We all shed skin, hair, perspiration and nasal and mouth drip when we sleep..
ReplyDeleteCan you put new tiles over old tiles? .
While I agree, it is a cultural difference. They are used to thorough washing. The bathroom floor used to get saturated but they've learnt to be not so splashy.
DeleteYes, I've seen an example of tiles over tiles, and it is fine. I wouldn't do it if jackhammers had to come in and break up old tiles.
What an awful thing to happen to Kosov.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the newest great-nephew. When is he due? What will be the age range - is Jo the eldest? I'll put my interrogation lamp away now!!
Yes, awful, Merlot.
DeleteHe is due in February. The age is 12 - 4 at the moment. I also forget at times that Jo is my niece, not great niece. 7 years between oldest great niece and niece Jo, but the next niece above Jo is 34, so a 15 year gap.
I hope all works out well for your Hippy Niece. I feel like I should say something about Kosovo, but honestly, I was knocked sideways too.
ReplyDeleteKirk, I won't ask anything about it so as not to remind him of details but it is too horrible.
DeleteMaybe it's related to his black sense of humour.
Delete