Now housing a number of a bars, this fine 1899 Albert Park building was once called Red Eagle Hotel, earlier Windsor Hotel. A stroll of a couple of hundred metres and you are at the beach, and there are many cafes and restaurants nearby. If you want to have a decent drink at a bar, the number 1 tram passes by.
My father banked with the E.S.&A Bank. English, Scottish and Australian bank, I think. It went on to become the ANZ Bank, Australia and New Zealand. I'd never noticed this sign remnant until recently. Below it says, The E. S. & A Bank Ltd Administrative Offices.
The tv programme The Block took on this building some years ago and the show's participants renovated the building, including the installation of a hanging garden, which died soon after the show ended.
The garden was resurrected and has been kept looking healthy for a few years now.
As I returned from a visiting the zoo by the 58 tram, I noticed this old building in a rather prominent place. How much longer can it last before its demolition and another shiny tower is built on the site.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.