St Kilda Road in spring and summer looks lovely, especially in spring with the elm and plane trees all in bright green fresh leaves. By the end the summer leaves will look very tired and browned, exhausted by heat and dry soil, willing themselves to die in autumn.
Come winter, the leaves have fallen and the road is revealed, with its shockingly awful traffic; multiple approaching headlights and multiple receding red tail lights, as far as the eye can see in the evening peak traffic.

I love the aerial view, Andrew!
ReplyDeleteThat's good Linda.
Delete"shockingly awful"? so don't look.
ReplyDeletePerhaps I should say, shockingly awful if you are driving in such traffic.
DeleteThat is a terrific view
ReplyDeleteI never get bored with it.
DeleteIt would not be shockingly awful unless I had to drive in it.
ReplyDeleteCorrect Debby. I look with some smug satisfaction.
DeleteThat picture is an eyeful.
ReplyDeleteAn eyeful can sting, Kirk.
DeleteBring back the trees. Hide that ugly mess. You need some evergreens down there. Do you have evergreens in Australia? I've never asked myself that.
ReplyDeleteMost of our native vegetation is evergreen Strayer but not really suitable for city use. I'd better add, in my opinion.
DeleteOur gum trees are a good example, with their random dropping of quite large branches onto cars, pedestrians, houses etc.
DeleteIt looks like a whole new scene though with no leaves on the trees, certainly a lot of traffic, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteA fairly standard evening here, Margaret.
DeleteYou live in a perfect location in Melbourne. I really miss inner city living
ReplyDeleteIt's fine to look down on but when I was working and driving home in that traffic, it was not good at all.
DeleteThere is beauty everywhere if we have eyes to see. It's nice to be able to look down on traffic and know you don't have to be involved in it other than as an observer.
ReplyDeleteFor sure, JB.
DeleteWhere the hell are all those people going? Why don't they just stay home and watch the telly or potter about in their kitchens?
ReplyDeleteThe poor who have to work will always be among us.
DeleteWork is highly overrated in my opinion.
DeleteI remember those commuting days,
ReplyDeleteI'm sure not a great memory.
Delete
ReplyDeleteI would love to take a long exposure shot of that view at night
Has been done before, but it would be nice to see my view in long exposure.
DeleteThings change.
ReplyDeleteFor the better? Mostly I guess.
DeleteLooks like a nightmare that is repeated here every day too, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteYou're Gardiner Expressway looks like a great way to move large volumes of traffic in your city. No?
DeleteYikes!
ReplyDeleteThat's not the word I used when I was in such traffic on the way home from work. And it wasn't as bad seven years ago.
Delete