Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Less Serious

This post is kind of like a Sunday Selections. I haven't posted many photos of late. 

The tram approaches the tram stop at New Preston Tram Depot stop from the distance. Once out of the city, trams only stop if someone wants to get on or off. If you sit on the seat within the shelter, you can't see the tram coming and if the driver can't see you as they approach, they could go straight past. Meanwhile, the other end of the shelter is clear glass. A Yarra Trams advertising slogan once was 'Think like a passenger', for their staff. Perhaps Yarra Trams should have thought like a passenger at this tram stop. Idiots, idiots and imbeciels. . 


Jass with her friend Amber. 


Stomach unprotected and eyes closed. She trusts us.


They could do with a repaint, but I do like these Russian style dolls. 


Monday was a dramatic sunrise. 


And there was more drama below where a motorist got in the way of a tram in an unimaginable manner and they bumped together.
 

It was all over in ten minutes, I guess details quickly exchanged. The car driver was wearing a full length overcoat while driving, far too restrictive for driving, in my opinion. You know, cars do have heating and can make you very toastily warm.


Incompetents abound. 

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Andrew. And Jass is such a beautiful cat 🐈 😻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idiots abound, sad to say. Isn't it a great compliment when a cat is that comfortable around us? I'm happy to say that each of the six who've lived here were that confident of us. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send that tram stop photo to the transit people and ask that the ad be moved to to opposite side to enable waiting passengers to see the approaching tram. Or it could be placed at the back of the stop?
    Jass is looking very fluffy with her winter coat and reminds me of Angel who would also stretch out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sunrise! I hate wearing any coat when I drive. I throw one in the back seat to have just in case. The car driver needs to be more careful around big vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jass looks stunned to see Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your reference to "...unimaginable manner..." Design is only to account for 85% of conditions. The assumptions is that the cost of the last 15% is disproportionate to the benefit. I believe that your example of the tram stop shelter is either an error in installation or somebody put together a generic template design but did not include the instructions to walk the site and adjust to the actual conditions. As others have suggested, report it. It may get the attention that it needs.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wish for those russian nesting dolls, where you open one and there's another, and it opens....I forget what they're called.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good selection of photos Andrew. The pussy is looking content and has longer hair than I thought, it's a pretty pussy. Love those dolls, something I've never had but really never wanted either.
    So many lines on the road and pity about the car but as long as no one was hurt is the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sunrise! And I love the Russian dolls.
    Jass is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the matryoshka dolls when I was a child, especially when they could sit neatly, one inside the next. Each one of mine was given an auntie's name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tram stop shelter has not been well designed. Daft!
    The road markings are very confusing but even so commonsense dictates that you use your eyes and give big vehicles the respect they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jass wants her belly rubbed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is ages since we saw Jass, Andrew.
    Well planned tram stop.

    ReplyDelete

As spam prevention, if you comment three days after after a post is first published, I will need to approve your comment, so it won't appear immediately.

Not Dead

It's a bit of a story here whereby a hospital began to notify relatives that a woman had died, when she hadn't. In fact she had no c...