Tom Dula, pronounced Dooley, in North Carolina murdered a woman and was hanged for the crime.
A live performance of the song by Kingston Trio in the 1950s has poor audio. This audio only recording is good.
The late John Clarke as the spokesperson and Brian Dawe as the interviewer. The first is the straight clip and the second is of an American ...
I remembered yesterday what I had forgotten, "met her on a mountain, stabbed her with my knife."
ReplyDeleteIt's rather a macabre song, with a murder and Dula was to be hanged.
DeleteThat takes me back.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend;)
Thanks Sandra.
DeleteYes, that the one, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteA nice version, Margaret.
DeleteI loved the Kingston Trio.
ReplyDeleteI've not heard of them until yesterday.
DeleteNEVER??? You poor child.
DeleteCan;t play the video, so I found it and listened. Also love the Kingston Trio growing up.
ReplyDeleteEverybody knows the group except me.
DeleteI had SO many Kingston Trio albums when I was younger! Eight or nine, I think. I still have many of their songs on my iTunes.
ReplyDeleteYou are an impressive fan, Steve.
DeleteTakes me back...
ReplyDelete😃
Delete