Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Oh no! Not an Allen key.

To put it frankly, my desk chair is buggered. It has only lasted a few year. It had a weight limit of 100kg and Ray at around 90kg and dropping down into the chair probably did some damage. The desk chair that proceeded it was high quality and lasted around 25 years. 

While my furniture may be old and dated, it is all in a good condition. I have looked but I can't find anything that would be a good replacement. I did really need to do something about the disintegrating chair. 




I had done some online and physical visiting to inspect chairs. I made a decision, for better or worse. A nice young man carried the chair to my car and helped me load it, and the new mat. Balanced on top, I used the shopping jeep to get it up from our garage, and then disassembled all the packages. 


I was getting worried as I had not seen any instructions for assembly, but here they were in the last part I unpacked. The instructions were very clear and the only hard part was the final step, putting the back in place. Advice would be, keep the seat screws loose so you have some give when getting the back into the correct place to be screwed in. 


My new Stirling chair is very comfortable and with an eight year warranty, I am sure it will give sterling service for many years. The instructions advised me to check in one month's time for a loose screw. No one wants a loose screw. 

Phyllis tried the new chair and then the old one and proclaimed he preferred the old one. Dipshit! While within a week when I am about to become an old age pensioner (birthday gifts are welcome if they are shockingly expensive), I am pleased I can still do an Allen key assembly. I kinda missed the arguing that used to happen when Ray and I used to assemble something. 

8 comments:

  1. Fancy chair ... Carlos and I bicker the most when we're putting something together,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the new chair is comfortable and gives good service. It's important to be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice chair! You need a good one for blogging. And early Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a smart chair. I do hope you don't spill any curry sauce on that chic grey upholstery, you (not yet retirement age) young whippersnapper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking good. We argue about assembly too. And recently had several arguments about the installation of a printer. The instructions (on line and paper version) were woeful and it was NOT an intuitive process.
    Happy Birthday in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My chair is pretty worn out too. It takes a great effort to assemble these furnitures these days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very satisfying when a job turns out easier than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very nice looking chair. I am quite envious and now wonder if I need a new, pretty chair:)

    ReplyDelete

Oh no! Not an Allen key.

To put it frankly, my desk chair is buggered. It has only lasted a few year. It had a weight limit of 100kg and Ray at around 90kg and dropp...