Saturday, September 28, 2024

To the hills!

If not covered in cloud, I can see Mount Dandenong and even the tv transmission towers that sit upon the top of the mount. 

Tenant Phyllis asked if one day I could take him there. Ok, I replied. I am a busy retired person but Saturday and Sunday are free. So Sunday I drove a trio of Phyllis, Kosov and their friend whose name is the capital city of Peru. That is how I remember her name. If I get to know her better, I may greet her Peru City. 

It was a great day and I know they enjoyed themselves and it was good for me. I am sure photos went onto Insta but as happens to young people, their phones 'ran out of juice'. Phyllis used mine to take photos, "Andrew, your camera is so much better than mine". A stop on the way home to retrieve Kosov's wire from the boot was required. I never knew I had so many USB ports in my car. There is even a couple for back seat passengers, and in the console, it was pointed out to me that there is cigarette lighter socket but no cigarette lighter. How can I light the fuses of fireworks? Childhood memory. 

I had allowed Kosov to stay one night without charge as he had bought me the HSP and on Saturday night he was ready to leave when I said to him there is no point you going home on the train for an hour and then returning on the train the next morning for our Dandenong Ranges trip. So he stayed another night. 

Monday morning I was talking to Sister on my phone when Phyllis left to what I thought was work. But it seemed not. "I have a visual project for university with study class mates. I will see you Friday or Saturday" he said later in a text message. "I will send Kosov to pick up my laptop, sort out my washing and pay my rent at some point". 

The weather was freezing cold on Wednesday and it rained a lot. In the afternoon a very chilled Kosov turned up here with Phyllis' rent money and feeling very cold, Kosov asked if he could take a hot bath to warm up, and he did. I asked if I could watch him bathe. 

The Wednesday was busy, which deserves another post. Here are a few photos from the Sunday drive. Don't climb trees as you could fall, yet tree climbing is encouraged. 


Maybe an azalea? I should know. 


The biggest aspidistra gardenia daphne in the world at nearly two metres tall. What a beautiful scent has Daphne, and she is a good a good sister, unlike the freewheeling, promiscuous and rapacious Ivy.


Camellia. There were rhododendrons ready to fully display. 


The view.


I am not very good on our Eucalyptus, but possibly messmates.


Philip had brought along the trip a berry and custard croissant for me, for which I was grateful. They then had cake and I had coffee in this restaurant. Parking was difficult because a wedding reception was underway. 


I wondered if I could make it back uphill after walking down to the modest Olinda Falls. The track was steep, wet, muddy and slippery. I managed, with one photo stop.


I'll delete these two last photos in a day or so. Kosov is with Ms Capital City of Peru and Kosov is wearing my hat. It looks better on him.


And Phyllis. 


Now there is mention of Phillip Island. That will be an overnighter. I will do what like to do. 

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a good day out. They seem to be enjoying themselves from those photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You could install a hidden video camera in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love day trips like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an excellent day. For you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re very kind Andrew. Am thinking Phyllis really likes you which is lovely that he feels comfortable and feels that he can ask favours. Of course I don’t know you but you give the impression you’re a bit hard arse but thats only the exterior. Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete

To the hills!

If not covered in cloud, I can see Mount Dandenong and even the tv transmission towers that sit upon the top of the mount.  Tenant Phyllis a...