Thursday, June 1, 2023

Pause

I made a start with our holiday posts but today I have surgery at a hospital and then on Saturday we journey to the Surf Coast where we will celebrate the twin boys' first birthday. We have booked to stay overnight. Hopefully I will be ok to go.

Mother is feeling constantly sick in the stomach, which began after her stay in hospital while we were overseas. She hopes to readmitted to hospital today. A substantial dose of a good anxiety medication might solve many of her problems. It is not that our medical system won't look after her; she constantly self diagnoses and won't take medications because 'they make me feel sick'. Well, she is feeling sick regardless. She is impossible at times.

So, probably no more posts for a few days.

This cocky greeted me a day or two after we returned from overseas. 

"Hello Andrew. I've missed seeing you on the balcony".

It walked along the balcony railing to get a closer view of me.

"You appear to have survived your overseas adventure."

"Yes, thanks, and thanks for the welcome home."



21 comments:

  1. Take it easy - your health and welfare come first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice omen that a bird greeted you on the balcony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, How serious is the surgery? Please let us know how it goes. It always amazes me to see a cockatoo in its natural habitat. In this case, a highriser bird:) Take special care. I'm thinking of you.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the op. Don't over do things and you'll be right.
    Mother will do what she wants to do. She is probably crying out for attention and too much will never be enough.
    I love cockatoos one at a time. In a flock they are the demons from hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in the hospital, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See ya when ya get back darl…..take care while you’re away. Do they still have male nurses??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surgery? Yikes! Hope it's nothing serious. I thought your twin boys were a couple of weeks younger than my twin girls who turn one tomorrow and will also have a party on Saturday. I hope it doesn't rain. If medications make your mother feel sick perhaps she just needs some antacids?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing that cockatoo landing on your balcony. Where I'm at you'd have to go to a zoo or exotic pet store to see one.

    Hope your surgery goes OK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How all goes well and you recover in time to enjoy the twin's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trust all goes well with your operation and you are able to go off again and have a good time.
    Love the cockatoo, it's a beauty.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am joining everyone else in hoping that your surgery goes really well and you recover quickly and completely. I do hope a solution can be found for your mother's nausea too. It isn't fun when it is ongoing.
    Love the cockatoo. What a wonderful way to be welcomed home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still can't imagine seeing such exotic birds just flying around wild. Though not much different than our parakeets, I suppose.

    Best wishes for your procedure. It must be hard to get as old as your mom and not feel good, even if some of it is her own making.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you're OK Andrew and good luck with the surgery and the twins' birthday. A mix of fun and worry for you.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the surgery, Andrew. I remember you talking about it earlier. I hope you're well enough for travel, but if you're not, it's good to know that you have such fine company on the balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you meet a handsome redhead doctor in hospital, ask him if he is married to Helen :) He will look after you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, best wishes! And thanks for sharing those bird pictures. They are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you are so happy to see me, as I am to see you, you'll give me a peanut or two or something else tasty, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope your operation went well Andrew. Nice welcome from the cockatoo.

    ReplyDelete

Monday Mural

Sami and others will join me for Monday Mural. This seems a little familiar, so maybe I've posted it before but it would have been on m...