Friday, April 14, 2023

Easter

Thank goodness Easter has finished. I don't like and I expect many non Christians don't either. The shock of finding supermarkets being closed has caused a huge rise in emergency hospital admissions. 

In what I suppose is a coincidence we had a great full moon over Easter. 

Of course being a full moon, the crazies were out in force. Fortunately everyone on the escalator was correctly standing to the left at QV shopping centre in town, as a manic man tore up the walk side. Upon reaching the top, he kicked at a young female cleaner and then started hitting her. Another man tackled him to ground and kept him pinned there and was calling out 'Call the police'. Nasty stuff.

We moved on to Soul Cafe, outdoors for coffee. Up the street a man was banging his head on metal bars surrounding a garden bed.  

I am not superstitious but after forty years of working with the public, a full moon is a problem. Just ask the police or paramedics.

So what is this Easter thing about? It began when a woman gave birth to child in horse shed, or was it for camels. She denied a man was involved. I used to hear that from young women in the 60s and 70s.  Some foolish men visited and the most foolish was a bloke who gave Mary gold. There are two Marys in this story, so don't confuse the street worker Mary with the mother Mary. Did the not so wise man know how gold would have appreciated and what it would be worth in 2023? He did his descendents down. 

The baby grew up, there is no information about his puberty and teen years, and he went on to make some miracles. I am prone to exaggeration too so yep, ok. Miracles were performed. I believe it.

He was then locked up for some reason by I think Italians, in a cave and freed by the aforesaid Mary the street worker. He must have been caught again and was involuntary put into bondage and whipped. I've seen some videos showing that peccadillo. 

If that was not enough, somehow he must have ended up in the Philippines where at Easter they nail men to crosses through their hands and feet. Rather barbaric and he suffered for his supposed crimes. 

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  

37 comments:

  1. Ah, but he made some very nice chocolate eggs though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with full moon craziness. Full moon nights often make it hard for me to sleep and therefore I’m cranky and more clumsy the next day. A little knowledge certainly can be a bad thing. You haven’t quite got the sequence of Jesus being hanged on a cross, his body being put in a cave, Mary Magdalene finding the cave empty the next day. I don’t recall Jesus being caught again after that ? Why do you think supermarkets being closed for one day caused more people to go to hospital? I don’t understand.

      Delete
    2. Indeed JayCee. I believe he learnt about chocolate when he visited Europe, but of course it wasn't called that then. Perhaps the north.

      Delete
  2. Maybe, but Jesus Christ Superstar (the Ted Neely version) is a brilliant sing-along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasker, I think I could sing along with that.

      Delete
  3. Lifeline workers will vouch for the craziness that comes out at the full moon too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sad selfish miserable man you are. You could say same for any religion if you had respect for other

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right there with ya on the full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I come across a psychology journal lately claiming more crimes and psychiatry hospital admissions on days of full moon. It is certainly something I avoid in my clinical work routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Andrew, you have made me laugh with this post. Brilliant.
    And yes, ask any nurse about full moons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caro. I am sure nurses know it too.

      Delete
  8. Some time ago I post on Easter. As anyone who stop over at my blog. I shake my head when it comes to the Abraham faiths.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, I need to educate myself about the Abraham faiths. I think he was a good guy, from memory.

      Delete
  9. I just finished 8 days of Passover, celebrating the end of 200 years of slavery in Egypt. But I am not sure there isn't still as much slavery in the world today :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, is that really what Passover celebrates? You are right, and there are many forms of slavery.

      Delete
  10. We had a crazy person too. A 56 year old woman took a ball bat to another woman. I don't think that it was the full moon though. Pretty sure it was the meth. She said that it was 'a reaction not an intention'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, that must be rather shocking in your smallish town. Drugs from my younger years made you feel good. This crystal meth seems so bad.

      Delete
    2. We've got a problem here, for sure.

      Delete
  11. You tell a good story, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, my imagination amused me, and I managed to write it down.

      Delete
  12. I didn't realize a full moon could be that influential on people's moods and behaviours. Interesting 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sami, at reception, you note a full moon and how people become difficult.

      Delete
  13. Your version of the Easter story probably makes as much sense as any other. I know a few people who act a bit oddly on the full moon, but nothing as bad as banging heads against rails etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, it is not nice to watch someone hurting themselves like that.

      Delete
  14. Full moon, wolves baying at it, Jekyll and Hyde ., . . well, if the moon influences the tides (and it does) why not moods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JabBlog, I think the pull of the moon may well have an influence. If it can control our tides, it is powerful.

      Delete
  15. And how did we end up with bunnies and chocolate eggs from this fable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TP, I am saving that explanation for next Easter, ok?

      Delete
  16. Anyone who has ever worked in radio knows there is an increase in "odd listeners" around a full moon. Sometimes you sit there, ready to answer calls, with a look of terror on your face. On a personal level, I find that I get little crazy myself about one week before a full moon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bail me out of (spam) jail please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I was out last night and forgot to check this morning.

      Delete
  18. Sounds like a normal day here in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete

It should have been a non posting day

Do I need to explain what is obvious to me? Staffers monitor Metro movements at the Tallawong control centre .  Why doesn't the control ...