Sunday, December 18, 2022

Sunday Selections

I am joining with Elephant's Child and River for Sunday Selections. 

The usual muck up of photos I've taken over a period. I've been so busy with being retired, this is last minute created post.

Is the visitor to our balcony a turtle necked dove? I don't like cooing doves or pigeons. Like horses, I don't wish them harm, I just don't like them.


Man Hor? There is some foreign language understrike with the o, so I probably need to get my mind out of the gutter.


More floral displays at Melbourne Town Hall. This is nicely done. 



Shoes on a tram. I don't think you have to wear high heels to have glam shoes. The Southern Cross star tattoo concerns me. It is in on our flag but is now used by the extreme right wing filth. 
 

Degree of difficulty, 5/10. He had sweet looks. 


Degree of difficulty, 8/10. She was of Asian heritage and her boyfriend? was smoking hot.


Kris Kringle for adults at Christmas. I bought this for my nominated, Tradie Brother. It's a tin garden ornament and as well as being nice, the magpie is symbol for his Collingwood's football team. Made in that great Aussie magpie country, China.


The Tesla car showroom has closed in Elsternwick. No need to promote cars from the Muskiverse with a long electric car Tesla wait list. 


The pansies did well but twice a year a cruel decision has to be made and down the rubbish chute they go... I would bring them inside when the morning sun was hot and strong, which wasn't very often this year.


... to be replaced by Christmas petunias. The plant looks grand but is looking even better a couple of weeks after I took this photo. It will take over the balcony table. My twenty five of years of gardening experience, with Mother being an avid gardener and her father being a successful market gardener, I do seem to know how to keep a pot plant happy for the term of its natural life.


20 comments:

  1. It does indeed look like a turtle neck dove. Love the floral displays (yours included). Shoes don't float my boat and some of those look seriously uncomfortable.
    The magpie for your brother is a delight though - despite its country of manufacture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I find way out shoes a curiosity. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Glam shoes don't heal ha ha.. they only have one advantage - extra height.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, I admire anyone who can walk in weird shoes and very high stilettos, but they have to be graceful. Some just teeter along.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, I thought your misspelling was intentional. As in a pun!

      Delete
    3. Sadly not Hels. I was not well educated but nevertheless it was a spelling error. Punish me as you see fit.

      Delete
  3. Love the spotting of these funky unusual shoe wears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roentare, I will keep a lookout for more odd shoes.

      Delete
  4. I love crazy shoes. My feet do not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, their may have been a couple of times in my life I have worn woman's high heels. It is not easy but I did ok.

      Delete
  5. Doves have the most irritating calls. I found out yesterday that what I thought was an annoying phenomenon in Langy - pool pumps - was in fact the call of a bronze wing dove thingy. It is deeper and sounds almost mechanical so I feel less foolish.
    Manhor is a hairdressing salon for metro males - your initial assumption was probably correct.
    Petunias always say summer. My red ones are more pink this year. Yours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro, I remember being somewhere strange to sleep over and the doves began cooing early in the morning and it went on for hours. I've heard of the bronze wing but I don't know it. None of my Langy family, there are three households of them now, have pools.

      Delete
  6. I never seen Tesla car. Couldn't afford one.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, they are hard to notice. The look rather boring. Yes, they are expensive.

      Delete
  7. Down the chute? Shame on you! put them out somewhere with a "free" sign and someone can plant them in a garden. Those boots look very heavy, if he wears them for any length of time he could build up a nice pair of calf muscles. The balcony bird looks exactly like one of our dozens (and dozens) of mourning doves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, there wouldn't be any takers around here. It has never happened to anything I've grown before but the pansies had powdery mildew. I agree, the boots look heavy. Maybe mourning doves and turtle necked doves are the same.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Very faded blooms that were once so delightful....sounds like my mother.

      Delete
  9. Strange leg tattoo. I like the flower beds and your flower pots. Love your tin magpie for your brother, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an issue with that tattoo. I am finally throwing plants out rather than trying to rescue them! Pigeons have become a problem here in our building in the last two years. I do not want them to set up home on our balcony!

    ReplyDelete

Sydney Day 6

You simply can't visit Sydney without a ferry trip to Manly and finding somewhere for some nosh. Fusion Cafe is our usual choice and it ...