Thursday, December 1, 2022

Gladys Kravitz reports

I suppose the expensive, back then, apartment block was built over ten years ago, possibly more. We lost Kings Cross Plaza, a nice paved outdoor sitting area with a large 711, dry cleaner and second hand posh school uniform shop.

We watched who we could see clearly move in to the apartment block. It was interesting. We noticed a balding man perhaps in his fifties who had a pair of West Highland White Terriers. We had one from the age of a pup to a premature death at 11 years old. Jessie had so many health issues, but she was such a lovely dog. So as once Westie owners, we were interested. We saw him out walking his dogs at times. Once when we were walking and although we pretty well knew, it was obvious by the company he kept when we passed him and his 'friend' that he was gay.

He is a stereotypical gay man with a great eye for his balcony style. I am the unstereotypical gay man, without an artistic eye. We've seen him entertaining on his balcony often enough.

On his balcony are three large bushes in pots. They normally so very green and lush but as you can see by this photo taken over a week ago, they are not looking at all lush, in fact are dying from lack of water. They are even worse now. Out of character.

Something has happened to the man and I feel a bit sad.  


Later edit: This was written on the 30/11. By 01/12, the trees have been removed from the pots and the two plastic orange dogs are gone. With such abruptness, I think he has died. He wasn't that old. I feel sad.

17 comments:

  1. Nothing is protected forever :( Life sucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up! He might have been arrested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MC, should I be wondering about what the plants in the pots were?

      Delete
    2. Judging from their appearance, not particularly. Anyway, you say they are gone now.

      Delete
    3. Your knowledge is superior to mine, and maybe I am not being truthful.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry. And yes, I frequently agree with Hels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope not. Maybe he's just in hospital or on a long trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, from what I have seen, it would be out of his character. He would ensure someone looked after the trees.

      Delete
  5. It is such an odd feeling, to know people without really knowing them. You realize that they've become a small part of your life...and they have no idea. Since I am, more often than not, a spectator, I have many people in my life like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Debby. I've passed him on the street a couple of times and I feel like greeting him, but he wouldn't have a clue who I was.

      Delete
  6. Let's hope that he has gone on a long trip. As Debby said it is funny how people become part of your life but they probably do not know that you even exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, that is so true. I remember when a new shopping centre in the city opened and we are occasional users of the supermarket and I remember one young slightly effeminate man who worked there. I saw him the other day still working there maybe fifteen years later and he is certainly not a young man now. He wouldn't know me from a bar of soap.

      Delete
  7. A neighbour of mine died recently and I hadn't even known he was in hospital for six weeks prior to dying there. I think he was around 80 and his yard had many pots of pretty flowers which have now vanished and his little gnome and frog statues are gone too. I knew him enough to say hello in passing, but didn't notice when he wasn't there, his neighbour told me at the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad, River. I guess he had family if the place was cleaned out so quickly.

      Delete

D'lingo

A very busy brain melting afternoon booking our next holiday. Why can't you just sms a selfie to prove you are old enough to receive a s...