Friday, April 21, 2023

Easter Monday

Sister and her daughter Jo arrived by train/tram on the Monday. Sister bashed off to a football game and somehow we entertained Jo. Again many places were closed so we ordered pizza to be delivered for dinner. 

The next morning, no one was being decisive. I don't like that situation. R and Jo were going see the 1pm performance of the musical Mary Poppins at a theatre. They loved it.

Before, we all trammed into town and brunched at a place we know well and to fill in time, we visited the Ian Potter Gallery.

There was an exhibition at the Australian Centre for Moving Images that Sister wanted to see. She and Jo paid to see it. We didn't. https://www.acmi.net.au/whats-on/goddess/  We just waited outside for them in comfortable seats. R and Jo then headed to the theatre, I went home and Sister roamed the city. Sister returned back here and her wife, Bone Doctor joined us. We returned to the city and met up for an early dinner after R and Jo's show at a nice enough place. Jo came back with us while Sister and Bone Doctor attended a comedy performance. I can't remember after that, except they went home. 

I love the Ian Potter Gallery. Some photos were taken when I visited on my own and some were taken on the day.










A teenage school student was responsible for this exhibit. The name of this work was so good, I can't remember what it was. I'll just say, Increasingly impractical jugs. 

29 comments:

  1. What an eclectic collection. Interesting....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eclectic is one of my favourite words JayCee.

      Delete
  2. A busy day for everyone - with some gems thrown in. I would love to see that exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, the children's art work was rather impressive.

      Delete
  3. I loved the impractical pottery! The baskets were impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thecontemplativecat here. I hate being unknown! The above comment is from me.

      Delete
    2. I too liked the pottery. I had to point it out to family.

      Delete
  4. I love this museum. I remembered in the old days that the place forbade camera use inside there. So I barely visited after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roentare, I think because of phone cameras, such places have given up with banning photography. Just make sure you flash is off.

      Delete
  5. You did have a busy Easter. Was the musical as good as the movie? Are you not into musical theatre, Andrew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Caro, as I did not see it. Perhaps not. Some things were left out. I've seen many musicals and I have always had to be dragged to them kicking and screaming. I enjoy them when I see them. But oh, the cost!

      Delete
  6. You're a bit of a culture vulture on the quiet aren't you old chap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than being called a transport nerd YP. My interests are varied.

      Delete
  7. Your name for that exhibit is quite fitting, I'd say. The whole exhibit seems eyeworthy, from here, seated in tiny cage room in the dark, looking at other's lives. The day, for Sister and Bone Doctor, sounds exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, I wish I could remember the real name of the exhibit. The day was exhausting for us. Sister and Bone Doctor are younger and fitter.

      Delete
  8. I am exhausted, just reading what you all did. But I would have gone to see the clothes exhibition. And the football :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must say it all looks interesting and the time was full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time was very full, Margaret. Tiring but good.

      Delete
  10. I'm not sure what that museum is about exactly, but I'd like to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, it is mostly contemporary art but there are some older works there too.

      Delete
  11. That looks like a nice exhibit to wander around in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, there is always something among the changing exhibits that interests me.

      Delete
  12. I like the way the mannequins are posed - very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my usual thing JabBlog, but I did like the mannequins.

      Delete
  13. That museum looks wild. I love those psychedelic, furry interiors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, they were rather amazing, but I don't what it was all about.

      Delete
  14. Sounds like an exhausting and refreshing day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exhausting for sure TP. But it was a good day.

      Delete

The aftermath

Friday, I paced the apartment, closing Ray's bedroom door and then opening it. It is closed at the moment, and to be sensible it will sa...