Thursday, December 15, 2022

Two in one

I had a post written for today but I am not happy with it. I need to find a non sexual photo of a black male prn star showing his hand. 

Our federal government is introducing domestic and commercial price caps on natural gas and a code of conduct for coal export companies. I don't care to look closely at it and therefore understand it. Suffice for me if it is Labor Party legislation and the conservative Liberal Party with its focus on big business, and energy companies are against the legislation, it must be ok. The problem addressed is that domestic consumers of energy are paying world prices for what is produced cheaply here. For some reason Australia decades ago accepted paying the Singapore price for oil even though we export oil. That happened a long time ago, but it doesn't make it right.

Now to some blog housekeeping. Things I did to my old blog layout many years ago, I have no idea how to do now. However, I did tidy up the ugly copy and paste link to my my old blog archive. I am sure there was a simpler way to do it in the past than creating a page and then making a gadget link to the page. 

The next task will be to add a Blogmates list. I think that will be easier, but likewise my old list was quite a creation with different lists and I can't remember how to do that. This will be a simple list of current Blogmates and blogs I read. Naturally regular posters and commenters will be the first to be added. It is not so bad to have things a bit simpler. 

It is said photos always improve a post. Here is an interesting sunset. Wow, so behind. December last year.

20 comments:

  1. That is a spectacular sunset.
    Good luck with your blog housekeeping. Blogger seems to be making relatively simple tasks difficult these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, the sunset was. I don't think I've seen a better one this year. We can't actually see the sun itself as it sets. I fixed up some clangers in the text just now. You normally being the first commenter read my posts before I notice my bads and fix them.

      Delete
  2. A cap on gas and electricity pricing sounds good. The sunset is quite something there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roentare, I've just remembered our new neighbours had moved in they were on their balcony and called out to us on ours that they were watching the sunset. Sunset photos are rare from me. We tend not to see much.

      Delete
  3. Innit the truth, that if some parties are against it, it's probably a good bill. That must be a universal truth because it's certainly true here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, is it a reliable way to judge? I think often it is.

      Delete
  4. If it means cheaper bills for us then I'm okay with it. it simply doesn't make sense for us to pay overseas prices for local products. Some time ago I wanted to change my blog back to the original layout, but I worried about "breaking" it so didn't bother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, yes, you don't want to break your blog at all and risk losing your history, kind of like I lost mine.

      Delete
  5. I am waiting for the post with the black prn star, please.
    We have so much in the way of natural resources it boggles the mind to try to understand why it is sold overseas first and then we have to pay that price. All hail the mighty dollar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caro, the post will be somewhat delayed. Greedy energy companies have decided we must pay international prices. The WA gov made energy companies reserve some production for local use and prices are cheaper there.

      Delete
  6. I hope that I make your Blogmates list during the housekeeping process. Do you accept bribes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YP, yes I can be bought, quite cheaply by my history. Bitcoin??? No, pounds sterling please.

      Delete
  7. I do like the sunset. Always enjoy a photo on the blog. I am so far behind with everything especially blogging (posting as well as reading and commenting). Won't put the reason here but I'll text you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine Marie. Life must proceed blogging and I hope things are ok. Looking like a definite for us for a visit to the UK next year, maybe May.

      Delete
  8. Go into Dashboard, then into Layout, then fill out the details of the blog list presentation. I still update the presentation about once every six months, even though I am satisfied in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hels. I used to update mine at around the same interval.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sunset. As for governments, pah! Ours is the laughing stock of the world but what can we expect when a chancer like Johnson is allowed out of the mad house, to be followed by unbelievable Truss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jabblog. Yes, that pair certainly did not add any glitter to your country. Like after Trumpet lost office, news from your country reported here has all but died since Sunak came into office. That's not a bad thing. While he is not on my side of politics, he doesn't seem too bad.

      Delete
  10. I'm so glad your old blog is archived on the Pandora system. Thank goodness it still exists somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

The 1800s foreign types

At my age I generally find actually doing the sex too much of a bother. Oh, how I've changed. But I still find the theory of sex and how...