Phyllis had nails on for his weekend away. I knew he had painted himself with some brush on gold. It isn't showing in the original photo but seems to be here. For the 90 minute trip Kesav with his L plates displayed drove to our first stop, for lunch at a service centre Hungry Jacks, Burger King in other countries I think.
An Indian family was leaving their car next to where we parked. Phyllis got back into the car and drove to the petrol pumps to pump some liquid gold into Perl, while Kosov and I went in and ordered food. Kosov ordered by touch screen, I went to the counter and ordered. Haha, my food was ready first.
There was a side area to sit, and I could hear some loudish children there. I noticed the aforementioned Indian family sat in the other space near the front. Look, I would have sat in that area regardless but I did engineer things a little for my own amusement by deliberately sitting at the table next to the Indian family. Phyliss returned from topping up Perl's tank and none of the family took any notice of Phyllis at his girliest best except for one, the granny. She stared at Phyllis with malevolent eyes. My mission achieved.
I drove up the big hills to see how my new car performed. With cruise control set, it kept perfect speed at 110/70 and she used the gears sparingly. I turned on the self steering for a brief time, and while it does work well, I really don't like it. Once off the motorway, I let Phyllis drive the potholed country road to Daylesford.
Looking down on the township.At our digs this camellia was blooming. We had missed the best of the flowering spring trees by a week or so.
If you click on the earlier link and then the first photo you see, it will take you to full sized photos plus a video and a floor plan. It just an old man's ten minute walk to the shops, but the road is quite busy, used by some trucks.
Some original features have been retained but it is all very white and looks rather 'done up' for sale. Nowadays, the lack of an ensuite for the master bedroom is big drawback, so it wouldn't be for me, but still, it's quite a nice house with lots of street appeal.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
It's a pretty house from the outside but I don't care for the inside. Do Australian homes not have walk in closets? Just wondering. Sounds like a good time and a lovely little town but holy crap that is an expensive house.
ReplyDeletePixie, generally older houses don't have walk in robes, as we call them, unless one was fitted later. I don't have one, but when these apartments were being built, you could specify a walk in robe instead of the ensuite in my bedroom. HH, in a different layout to mine, has both. I think most new houses will have them. Mud room is a new term here, replacing what used to be called the back porch. I think it has a different name again in England.
DeleteLove the haircut , very handsome. As for the nails…glorious ! Grandmas sometimes don’t understand but maybe it was envy.
ReplyDeleteThe house , for that price, it is a good buy, Externally, the gardens are lovely and so is the exterior. I would have to modernise the kitchen . Get rid of the dreadful blue colour . And check if it had high ceilings, cannot stand low ceilings . Daylesford is a beautiful place
Phyllis would say the granny was being very judgemental. Had he noticed her looking, he probably would have poked his tongue out at her. The ceilings appear to be original, so they will be high. I agree that the lounge blue, green and brown does not walk, and it has far too much couch in it, badly arranged. I can't see what is wrong with the kitchen though. It looks quite modern to me.
DeleteThe original European name for Daylesford was Wombat. It was renamed Daylesford after the birthplace of Warren Hastings, the first governor-general of India. The English Daylesford is in Gloucestershire.
ReplyDeleteYP, I did not know about the town being called Wombat. You may have noticed the name Wombat Hill in the real estate ad.
DeleteLovely photos, Andrew. Very nice haircut!
ReplyDeleteLinda, he did a good job with his self cutting of his hair.
DeleteWhoa, some nails!!!! Love the haircut. Naughty you, inflaming old lady.
ReplyDeleteStrayer. I enjoy watching people who are watching Phyllis. He only ever compliments and no hate remarks.
DeleteHouse and such aren't cheap. Glad this one I live in is paid for.
ReplyDeleteDora, that's the best thing you can have when you are older, your own house.
DeleteThe king with his new haircut looks like Freddie Mercury, can he sing?
ReplyDeleteGood question Deb. Phyllis often sings. I've never heard Kosov sing. I will find out.
DeleteA very nice house, I love the interior colours, though I prefer a bathtub fully built in, saves having to crawl around with brooms and mops getting those back corners clean. Did the lost fingernail get found? Yes, "half" is always on the left, but some people don't know left from right, so having the words is useful.
ReplyDeleteYou are right about the bath. I can't see how you would clean the side at the wall. My toilets are half flush button on the right and the opposite to what is in the photo. Back in a minute while I check...ok, in Australia more commonly as you say on the left but it's not universal, but damn well should be.
DeleteI was the oldest grandchild and so had the honour of going with my grandparents on holidays to Hepburn. They loved Hotel Bellinzona in those days, but it must have been totally renovated since then.
ReplyDeleteHels, that's interesting and I will research the hotel further. I had no idea it had any kind of age.
DeleteI do like the nails, pretty. Not a bad house (link) thanks. Ridiculous price for it though but I know that is what you have to pay if you want it and no ensuite either!
ReplyDeleteLooks good with the haircut, like it. You are a torment Andrew, sitting and having the granny stare achieving what you set out to do..lol
I noticed today I didn't have to find your post it was finally in my feed in the right place at last!
Phyllis hates being judged by people from his own country, nor does he like closeted gay Indians. I do try to educate him that not everyone can be as out there as he is.
DeleteI'm still getting people's posts delayed in my reader. Some people publish at very regular times, so you know something is not right.
Love the nails! I'm afraid that I would have the granny thing too, just to see her face. I like the house, but it is too far from the city for me.
ReplyDeleteWe are city people Jackie. It's our lives.
DeleteI had to laugh about the granny stare, Andrew.
ReplyDeleteA very disapproving stare, Pat.
DeleteThose nails are downright exotic!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, Kirk, hence the compliments. It rather spoils the image that they came from Temu.
Delete